For those of you having a hard time drinking water.

Options
I just wanted to share this since I see so many post about people having a hard time drinking water or that they want to drink water. Just so you know that it's possible, I have been overweight my entire life and this is my first time in my 31 years of living that I have ever lost this much weight 19lbs to be exact. I NEVER drank water prior to starting this journey, I drank juice and sometimes soda. I dropped the juice and soda cold turkey, it was not hard at all. It is possible and now I am at a point where my body WANTS the water, I don't even want to drink anything else. I buy water botttles and since I sit at a desk I am able to get through 4-6 16.9 ounces at work and of course drink at least one at home. I average on the weekedays 80-100 ounces and weekends about 64 ounces. So I just want to encourage you all that it is possible and this is coming from someone who quite other drinks cold turkey and never was a water drinker. Here's to water!!

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • rsqsquad05
    rsqsquad05 Posts: 125
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I am a non water drinker but I know my body needs it. While I cant give up my 2 cups of coffee in the morning I could replace all my sweet teas with water....Do you know how many ounces the recommended 8 glasses of day is? 16 or 8 oz. glasses?
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that inspiring post on water...I have never been a water drinker and find it very hard to do on the days I dont work out...when I workout I can can get my 80 oz in...but when I dont work out its a struggle...so I know I need to try harder!!!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water! I preferred to drink fruit punch or soda over water any day! I started this journey 2 weeks ago and quit the juices and soda cold turkey as well. I drink about 6 bottles of water a day and chug one before bed every night. On days that I feel like I need some flavor, I use the crystal lite packets. I LOVE water now! I took a sip of my daughters fruit punch yesterday and felt like I was drinking pure sugar! Now I water down her juice to 1part juice 3 parts water! (she wont drink plain water, yet!) It is very much possible!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Another helpful tip...squeeze a section of lemon or lime into your water. It adds just a touch of flavor and an itty bitty bit of vitamins too!
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My story is exactly the same! I went from hating water and drinking about 4-6 Dr Peppers and sweet tea's a day, to nothing but water. And 2 months later (with exercising and eating 1200 calories a day) I'm down 18lbs! It is possible!!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I too have to have my 2 cups of "cawfee"in the morning...those are 8oz cups of water...or 80-100oz I hear is the recommended intake!!
  • sandrichelle
    Options
    They say that you should consume half of your body weight in oz in water per day. I pound water all day and night and swear that is a major contributing factor to my 30 lbs lost since Jan, 1, 2011!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am a water hater. I admit it. I am trying *really* hard to get in my water, but the lack of flavor, or strange flavor, ruins it for me. I am going to try iced tea with lemon, and maybe a tiny bit of Truvia as a reward for drinking a bottle. I figure if I reward myself more I'll be more inclined to just drink it >.<
  • lll1970
    lll1970 Posts: 1
    Options
    That is way awesome Jamie! I love to hear tell their story of weight loss, Myself have done the same thing as well. Yeah for all of us.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i used to hate driking water. I started to dilute mine with sugar free sqaush and was able to drink loads. I can now manage 1800mls per day easily, now i dont need to dilute it anymore. My weight loss was best when i got loads of water in. My skin is also a lot better!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to share this since I see so many post about people having a hard time drinking water or that they want to drink water. Just so you know that it's possible, I have been overweight my entire life and this is my first time in my 31 years of living that I have ever lost this much weight 19lbs to be exact. I NEVER drank water prior to starting this journey, I drank juice and sometimes soda. I dropped the juice and soda cold turkey, it was not hard at all. It is possible and now I am at a point where my body WANTS the water, I don't even want to drink anything else. I buy water botttles and since I sit at a desk I am able to get through 4-6 16.9 ounces at work and of course drink at least one at home. I average on the weekedays 80-100 ounces and weekends about 64 ounces. So I just want to encourage you all that it is possible and this is coming from someone who quite other drinks cold turkey and never was a water drinker. Here's to water!!

Sorry to seem nasty, but what are you doing with those six to eight empty plastic bottles? Five days a week adds up to 30 to 40 bottles. I hope, at the least, your office has a recycling system in place but I can't help but think of the resources (petroleum) it takes to make them in the first place. Buy a refillable bottle.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I drink water from disposable bottles as well. Granted, I live in Oregon where there is a deposit on them, but I do it because the tap water where I live is disgusting. I even have a filtered water bottle and it doesn't take away the nasty flavor.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options

Sorry to seem nasty, but what are you doing with those six to eight empty plastic bottles? Five days a week adds up to 30 to 40 bottles. I hope, at the least, your office has a recycling system in place but I can't help but think of the resources (petroleum) it takes to make them in the first place. Buy a refillable bottle.

Your not being nasty, but before you ASSUME OR JUDGE you should of asked. So to answer your "question' we do recylce at our job and who said I don't have a refillable bottle. We are here to encourage each other not nit pick, if you didn't like the comment you didn't have to respond.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I've come to learn to love water. I drink a minimum of 64 oz a day. I max out usually at 12 to 13 cups. I use to drink 120 oz a day but it became a bit too much for me. I just ran to the bathroom too much. Even waking up in the middle of the night. I drink it plain or with a little lemon juice. I know it contributed to my weight loss.
  • stinktables
    Options
    8oz glasses
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that the water has nothing to do with losing weight, it is just all the walking back and forth to the bathroom that helps burn calories. Either way, it works.
  • SamiePuente
    SamiePuente Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm really bad at drinking water, so I invested in some water enhancers. They're called MIO and I found them at wal-mart. I use a tiny little squirt for every 20 ounces and it's enough flavor to keep me drinking. With zero calories I don't have to feel guilty when I use them.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I buy water botttles and since I sit at a desk I am able to get through 4-6 16.9 ounces at work and of course drink at least one at home. Here's to water!!

Your not being nasty, but before you ASSUME OR JUDGE you should of asked. So to answer your "question' we do recylce at our job and who said I don't have a refillable bottle. We are here to encourage each other not nit pick, if you didn't like the comment you didn't have to respond.

I thought the same thing--that's a lot of plastic wasted to get your water in. You specifically said you buy bottles. Congratulations on cultivating a habit that's healthy for your body--the other poster was just suggesting a way to do it that's less environmentally harmful. To your health!
  • Feralsquirrel
    Feralsquirrel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Before I started trying to lose weight I drank several cans of soda a day, usually a bottle and then probably a fountain drink with dinner. Weaning yourself off with juice makes the transition a lot easier for people that want flavor. (those flavor packets don't do it for me) Juice will always be healthier than soda if you absolutely have to have something sweet, even if it is the same calories.

More importantly, if you don't want water, don't drink it. I don't mean drink something else if you're thirsty, I mean don't force water down your throat when you aren't, which is what a lot of people end up doing trying to hit their golden "8 required cups". It means 8 cups total, and includes water that's found in foods and other liquids. Overhydrating is just as unhealthy as dehydration.