I've decided to stop lurking and introduce myself

Options
katyk00
katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
Hi everyone, after lurking for about a month now, I decided to go ahead and introduce myself! I think the biggest reason for my push to lose some weight is that, I'm tired about people chastising me for trying to lose weight. I hear everything from "Why would you want to lose any weight you look good? to "You would look weird if you lost any weight" Needless to say, I love that this community doesn't pass judgment and offers helpful tips/constructive criticism!!

Replies

• ImmortalWings17
    ImmortalWings17 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello there:)
  • rob_spitzer
    rob_spitzer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • madzx3
    madzx3 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey :3
    Good luck here!
    You can add me as a friend if you want, I'm new too.
  • secogeni
    secogeni Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've only been lurking for about a week, but I could use some support too. Feel free to add me as a friend (that goes for anyone).
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your decision to want to live a more healthy life, and I'm sure you can knock that weight off in no time :-)
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome! This site is a wealth of knowledge, I find myself devouring the threads at work LOL
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I hear it too. It's not about how THEY see you, it's about how you see yourself. If you want to improve, then why not.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I'm getting a lot out of reading the posts too, and logging all my food has me eating so much healthier. You have a beautiful smile, by the way! Best of luck in reaching your health goals! :smile: