Looking for easy Low Carb Dinners

Options
maggiemay22467
maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
I am needing some EASY Low carb dinners please help.

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Make a stir fry and serve it without rice or noodles. Lean protein, a bag of frozen veggies, some soy sauce and flavorings and voila!

I'll also pick up a rotisserie chicken and a bag of pre-washed salad from Costco, but you could get the same at any grocery store. Carve the chicken, eat it for the first night's meal with salad and a steamed green veggie. Take the leftovers and make a salad or soup the next night.
  • kalinbeima
    kalinbeima Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    MMMM Portabella mushroom "pizza." Portabella bake for 5 min, take out and 2 tablespoons of Classico marinara sauce, a handful of fresh spinach or basil, and 2 oz fresh mozzarella with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella. Are you looking for only low carb or LCHF?
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I made this casserole once that turned out pretty good. It was even better for breakfast!

It had:
    corn, spinach, broccoli, smoked applewood chicken sausage, polenta, and topped with a little bit of cheese

I precooked the polenta, broccoli, and sausage, then threw everything together in nice little layers and baked at 400 until the cheese was melted.
  • Delphine2013
    Delphine2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    South Beach Diet Shepherds Pie is pretty good:

1 (16-ounce) package frozen cauliflower florets
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 pound extra-lean ground beef
    2 cups fresh or defrosted frozen shelled edamame (10 ounces)
    ½ cup reduced-sodium beef broth
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Salt
    2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
    1 large egg yolk
    ½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese

Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
    Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
    Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add beef and brown for 10 minutes, stirring to break up lumps. Add edamame and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes longer. Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Season with pepper and a pinch of salt. Transfer meat mixture to the casserole.
    With an electric mixer at medium speed, whip the cooked cauliflower with sour cream, egg yolk, and another pinch of salt. Spoon cauliflower evenly over meat. Top with cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden on top. Serve warm.
    Makes 4 servings
    Nutrition at a Glance
    Per serving: 367 calories, 16 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 37 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 324 mg sodium
  • serafinelaveaux
    serafinelaveaux Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Throw a steak on a cast iron skillet, sear, remove, put on plate. Open a bagged salad, empty 1/3 the contents into a salad bowl. Done.

That's what I call easy low carb anyway.