Weightloss plateau

Elliephantt
Elliephantt Posts: 5 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
For the last couple of weeks now i think ive hit a weightloss plateau, i'm 5'1 ive been around 125-8lbs and not been able to lose any more than that, does anyone know how i can break out of it? or if anyones going through the same sort of thing, it would be very helpful to get some feedback (: Thankyouu

Replies

• You're within normal weight range for your BMI. How much more are you planning to lose?
  • Elliephantt
    Yeah i know, but only just. and im not entirely comfortable with my body yet. I want to lose around 20lbs more. (:
  • Nataliethin81
    Nataliethin81 Posts: 315
    Mix up your workout routine, add more strength training, maybe up our calories a bit if you're just in taking 1200 net a day. You need to shock your system. It took me 2 months to get past my plateau. Good luck!
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Yeah, definitely change up your workout routine just a little bit. I'm currently training for a half marathon and I've just been doing a lot of running. My body has gotten used to it so I haven't been losing much weight over the past few weeks.

What kind of workouts are you doing now? As Nataliethin81 said, weight training would be a good addition to your routine if you're not already doing it.
  • Elliephantt
    Well for cardio i normally go running. Or if im at the gym id use the tredmill, elliptical, bikes, and step machines
    I dont do too much weightt training, only my legs and abs.
    Thankyou (:
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Well for cardio i normally go running. Or if im at the gym id use the tredmill, elliptical, bikes, and step machines
    I dont do too much weightt training, only my legs and abs.
    Thankyou (:

Wow, you're definitely doing some decent cardio cross-training! Weight training will definitely be a good addition to your routine if you add some upper body exercises. Hopefully there are some strength training machines at the gym you use. Let us know how things work out for you!
This discussion has been closed.