Ballet Beautiful

Options
I was wondering if anyone else was doing this as exercise. I really, really enjoy it and it feels like it's working at the time - but I'm not sore the day after. Maybe from all the stretching?

Hoping to add a buddy that's doing this, too! Thanks, and good luck to all!

Replies

• lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey I just started ballet beautiful yesterday and can't wait to see the results. How have your results been!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I've seen ballet classes offered at my Y, but I haven't taken them. I'm considering an online dance series offered by Erika Shannon through her website. She's a movement coach in the NYC area.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Contrary to what people believe, stretching is a form of exercise. When people don't get sore, it's either because the muscles they are using are adapted to the resistance being used, or the resistance being used isn't enough for DOMS to occur.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Which video did you purchase and recommend? Or are you doing the monthly subscription?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    mabug01 wrote: »
    Which video did you purchase and recommend? Or are you doing the monthly subscription?

If you're asking me, I didn't purchase anything yet. I had an individual online session with her and got an email about this program. You can message me for the link.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I borrowed a Ballet Beautiful dvd from my library, but didn't care for it. Most of the "workout" was sitting and it just felt very boring and repetitive. Yeah, parts of it were difficult, but I wanted more movement. I was hoping for a more barre-based or dance-based workout. I have also borrowed some Tracy Anderson dvds, which are similar, but I prefer them to the Ballet Beautiful.
  • lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I got the Total Body Workout and it's pretty awesome. I don't know if I should buy the second or third one. I just don't want to a buy different one that will have the same moves.