Runners Club - 11/29

Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Im so proud! We ran 1km today! And walked 1.5km haha But we did it! This time it took 18mins instead of 20mins!

AND Ive lost 3lbs!! FINALLY down to 189lbs!! Ive been waiting MONTHS for it!! I was stuck at 192lbs for about 3months!!

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Im so proud! We ran 1km today! And walked 1.5km haha But we did it! This time it took 18mins instead of 20mins!

AND Ive lost 3lbs!! FINALLY down to 189lbs!! Ive been waiting MONTHS for it!! I was stuck at 192lbs for about 3months!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Woohoo, great job!! It's wonderful to add distance. It's motivation in itself to want to run farther just to see the number go up. Plus you can eat more :laugh:

I'm planning on a 3 miler today...did 45 min cycling and 30 min arms and abs yesterday, and no running thursday, so I'm due for one!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Great job, Carrie!! :flowerforyou: It may be 'only' two minutes faster, and it may be 'only' three pounds, but those little goals can be major break-throughs and they all add up. Keep up the good work!!

Ran 16 miles today. Longer than I planned but ran into (literally!) a friend out for a run, and detoured to run with him for a while. Last long run before my 1/2 marathon in two weeks.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Only had time for a quick 3.5 - we're still doing Thanksgiving visiting (and eating). Long run tomorrow.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Ran four miles today. First time I did that distance on my own. It was so fun. I really look forward to my runs now! For anybody just starting out - you will get hooked!
    Bunny
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Oh - and by the way - did you know that as you run you actually improve the circulation in your legs. :smile: You build more pathways for the blood to travel and become more efficient in circulating the blood. That's' one of the reason why it gets easier over time. Learned that yesterday and thought that I would pass it on. One of the writers for "runners world" owns the shop I train with and he told me that!
    Bunny
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    I pretended to run for an hour on the elliptical. :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.