Anyone trying to lose weight to look cute in clothes?

Options
12346»

Replies

• josul75
    josul75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to fit into 'normal sized' clothes in 'normal sized' stores. I've achieved that, which is great! Outsize clothes are so expensive, I find.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I appreciate that you're honest about it.

Look many, if not most, lose weight, or want to, for aesthetic reasons. Pushing the "health" angle as the most important sounds nice and PC, but I do think it gets overstated. Lots of people want to lose weight who haven't run into any health issues.

Health is not my primary motivator. It is a factor though; while my obesity never had overt effects on my physical health, it did help destory my parents' health and I want to avoid that. But you know what? Being fat since childhood had a detrimental effect on my psyche, and that was damage more than enough. Wanting to lose to look good, naked and in clothes (yes, plenty of us dudes like clothes too), is about far more than the surface; feeling great about yourself can literally transform your life. And digging the body you see in the mirror is therapy unto itself.
  • ButtBagg
    Options
    yea thats part of the reason
  • luvahgilahsa
    luvahgilahsa Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    You know there is a blog feature. Just saying.

You know there's a function called close window/close tab. Just saying.
  • luvahgilahsa
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I'd rather look good naked. *shrug* :ohwell:

You know, That's really my main motivation. I want to look good in clothes, but I want to look AWESOME naked :D. I see no problem with it and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who sees it as a motivator. I wasn't and I'm still not happy with how I look, but I didn't put the weight on overnight, and it won't come off overnight. I have to keep telling myself that once the weight is gone and I'm the toned hottie that I want to be, I have to never let myself get back to that point.

I never thought to track through pictures, but that is a great idea!

You should try to track through picture since that's our main motivation right? Sometimes the scales can be really misleading and discouraging. But as long as we see progress through pictures the it's all worth it!
  • luvahgilahsa
    Options
    It's definitely a big motivation in losing weight. I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (as I am in my profile pic) because I had some gorgeous clothes that are now sitting in my wardrobe. I don't want to have to buy loads of new clothes either.

You look gorgeous in your profile picture!
  • luvahgilahsa
    Options
    An insult. This usage is restricted largely to Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
    I'm American and nobody here has ever heard of the insult through reverse peace sign. I'm sorry if this offended anyone.
    I'm American too. I live in Missouri.

There are quite a few hand signs that are in general "ok" to use in the US, but in other countries can be offensive/vulgar.

is this peace sign offensive in Missouri?

No. However, I was pointing out that the a peace sign is palm out (the back of your hand faces you). I'm not sure how reversing the sign and calling it a peace sign got started. That's why I quoted the article. It tells you what differing positions of the "V" Sign mean. When you face the back of your hand out (palm towards yourself) it is the #2 in American Sign Language and an offensive hand sign in some countries. This is why the other poster was offended by the way your hand is positioned.

It's similar to how you wouldn't want to:
    - give someone a thumbs up who lives in the middle east
    - drag the top of your fingers in an outward direction in I think Italy (trying to remember)

Okay sure
    Let's drop this and move on, can we?
  • luvahgilahsa
    Options
    I appreciate that you're honest about it.

Look many, if not most, lose weight, or want to, for aesthetic reasons. Pushing the "health" angle as the most important sounds nice and PC, but I do think it gets overstated. Lots of people want to lose weight who haven't run into any health issues.

Health is not my primary motivator. It is a factor though; while my obesity never had overt effects on my physical health, it did help destory my parents' health and I want to avoid that. But you know what? Being fat since childhood had a detrimental effect on my psyche, and that was damage more than enough. Wanting to lose to look good, naked and in clothes (yes, plenty of us dudes like clothes too), is about far more than the surface; feeling great about yourself can literally transform your life. And digging the body you see in the mirror is therapy unto itself.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I definitely think being fat in childhood has messed up my psyche as well and I know I would be much more confident if I can look good in the clothes I want to wear! ( I was the most confident when I was the skinniest) I know people are going to say that's shallow and what not but that's truely how I feel
  • luvahgilahsa
    Options
    12/7
    Study day for me again. Comfort>fashion during study week!
    u8kpu65pozt4.jpg
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It is definitely a motivator :)