SELF CONTROL!!

Options
Does anyone else have problems with self control when it comes to food? I doubt myself sometimes when i give in and i start to doubt my goals, ugh. Any advice on how to control myself better and keep my mind on my goals?

Replies

• mtasleem
    mtasleem Posts: 49
    Options
    I loveee chocolate. As in I could have it everyday. So I just have it in moderation. (3 kisses a day?)
    You could also have a cheat meal every week. I've tried that too. It helps... but I don't know how it affects weight loss. :/
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this. I have found that if I can just break through that first day or two of eating really clean, I start to realize how much BETTER I feel. After time you won't crave the unhealthy choices as bad, and I have noticed I am in better moods and my skin looks so good since I have been eating cleaner. I think its all about actually thinking why your doing it... don't "diet" just to look good in a bikini or something like that, think of it as a lifestyle change and something that you want to do to better your overall health.

People use to tell me that I needed to give in and eat it to get it over with, but I couldn't always do that. I find myself now that I really can have only 1 serving of whatever bad I want, but I think its because after time I realized that the bad stuff made me feel awful and I didn't really want to sit and eat large portions of it. Just remember don't give up and always try to remind yourself of the bigger picture and the small steps you can take to get there :)
  • XoCynthiaXo
    XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    awe thanks guys, i just am really trying to keep my goal in mind.
  • niicolee254
    niicolee254 Posts: 13
    Options
    I dont have any advice, but I will say I have the exact.same.problem..... It really sucks :(
    I've read on ways to "curb" cravings, etc.... But I feel at times I have no control and question just like you. Sometimes
    My considerations arn't healthy ones either! Good luck tho!!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Get more food for your calories, if you look for foods low in calories you will be able to eat more and be full longer. As far as the occasional need to eat unhealthy food, you can not lose all your weight in 1 day and you can not gain it back in 1 day. I just had one of those moments, 6 chips ahoy and a glass of whole milk. Now that seems like a lot to me now but 7 months ago I would eat 18 cookies and 2 huge glasses of milk in 1 sitting. Just keep logging everything and you will be fine!!! Keep up the good work!!:smile:
  • JodiLouLou
    JodiLouLou Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this. I have found that if I can just break through that first day or two of eating really clean, I start to realize how much BETTER I feel. After time you won't crave the unhealthy choices as bad, and I have noticed I am in better moods and my skin looks so good since I have been eating cleaner. I think its all about actually thinking why your doing it... don't "diet" just to look good in a bikini or something like that, think of it as a lifestyle change and something that you want to do to better your overall health.

People use to tell me that I needed to give in and eat it to get it over with, but I couldn't always do that. I find myself now that I really can have only 1 serving of whatever bad I want, but I think its because after time I realized that the bad stuff made me feel awful and I didn't really want to sit and eat large portions of it. Just remember don't give up and always try to remind yourself of the bigger picture and the small steps you can take to get there :)

GREAT ADVICE!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I do, its so weird. Cookies, cakes, and donuts. I see'em, I eat'em. It's like a drug to me. I can't be anywhere near them. All my friends have orders to keep that stuff hid from me.

And little Debbie cakes. I have no power over them.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do, its so weird. Cookies, cakes, and donuts. I see'em, I eat'em. It's like a drug to me. I can't be anywhere near them. All my friends have orders to keep that stuff hid from me.

And little Debbie cakes. I have no power over them.

LITTLE DEBBIES!!!!! we use to be BEST FRIENDS FOREVER! until she sabotaged me and starting taking residence on my *kitten*! such a hater....
  • Tera2KiloByte
    Tera2KiloByte Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When it comes to food and many other things in life, I too lack self control. I am a big chocolate fan. Every Easter I have to have a 1 pound solid chocolate bunny. The only thing that works for me is don't bring it in the house. If it is in my house I will consume it like a starving lion at a steakhouse. I am lucky that my wife doesn't like chocolate otherwise it would be a lot tougher.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    the little powdered donuts....Those are the one thing I cannot have in the house. or in the car, they never make it home. I have eaten a whole bag of them before. um more than once...I don't buy them although I did look at them the other day and remember the last time I bought them and did not make it home with them...I really am not having cravings for them now. Thank God!
  • headheldhigh
    Options
    Hi Sort,

I have the same problem. I seem to have very little self control and/or I'm impulsive about food. It's funny though. Just today I was noticing that I am doing better with it. Not all the time. Sometimes I still give in to overeating or eating things I swore I wouldn't eat. But overall I am gaining more self control with food and keeping my goals in sight. I think its happening as a result of my efforts here- tracking my food and being accountable. In other words, I first started making the changes in my behavior and the changes in my thinking are following suit. For me, I feel like its partly problems in my thinking about food that lead to lack of self control with food. In my loss of self control moments, I think it doesnt really matter if I eat too much or not. I sort of cut myself off from thinking about the long term or even the short term consequences of eating too much. It's like I'm just living by my senses, like an animal. I'm finding that as I go about this weight loss journey, I'm more cognizant of the consequences of my choices. Every action has a reaction kind of thing. When I make poor food choices, I have more awareness of what it's doing to my body and how it's interfering with what I'm trying to do for myself. Also, when I DONT make poor food choices, when I DONT eat needlessly, I feel like I'm helping myself towards my goals. Just some thoughts.

Amy
  • XoCynthiaXo
    Options
    LMAOO, SERIOUSLY!!!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Little Debbie's a hater!! WELL that's just the greatest quote ever...
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I swear I could kill a chocolate bar in one bite. I have such a sweet tooth it isn't even funny. Right now, there's a huge chocolate cake sitting on my countertop with a row of peeps lining the top of it. They're so soft and marshmallowy. I have plastic wrap covering the cake, but sometimes I like to squish the little peeps on the top to see how soft they are, it's like I get a rise out of it or something because I want them so badly. That makes me sound like such a weirdo. I haven't put one morsel of that cake in my mouth and I'm hoping the rest of my family eats it before I have a chance to.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    poke them peeps and squash a few donuts and lil debbies too :)
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I find that I go through a " bad" few days at a time. I can be strict with myself and really stick to my plan
    for awhile but then I crash for a few days. Then I pick myself up an carry on.
    it can be very hard some days!
  • XoCynthiaXo
    Options
    ol i dont know how you didnt tackle that cake already, thats EXACTLY what i mean. I would have killed it, i have no control!
  • lollie1285
    Options
    ol i dont know how you didnt tackle that cake already, thats EXACTLY what i mean. I would have killed it, i have no control!

Squishing the Peeps really seemed to help. Seriously people, you want some cake? Squish a peep. It'll do wonders for your self control.

I just...have no words for how weird I sound right now.
  • XoCynthiaXo
    Options
    LMAOOO you do sound weird but its okay, if it works then hey it workss! lol

Squishing the Peeps really seemed to help. Seriously people, you want some cake? Squish a peep. It'll do wonders for your self control.

I just...have no words for how weird I sound right now.
  • lollie1285
    Options
    HAHAHA yes, I'm gonna stick to that theory!