What is your reward?

Options
louwho36
louwho36 Posts: 53
Everyone has goals they want to achieve whether they are big or small. So how does everyone reward themselves? For my small goals I will usually do something special for myself like a mani/pedi. Since I haven't really reached a big goal yet I want to see how you all do it.

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My reward is simply feeling great the morning after a good workout. And new sunglasses.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself this weekend for losing almost 30 pounds since January, and finishing my first year of law school, by going to Las Vegas with some friends for a bachelorette party!!!

Otherwise, for small things I might do something small, maybe a cute pair of new shoes (since clothes would be kind of wasteful, lol). Mani/pedi sounds like a great idea though, I might try that one!
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    i've been giving myself little rewards every 10 pounds or so... one was a trip to Target (I know, sounds silly, but I live in Vermont and there is no Target here!!) and another was a new Patriots T-shirt from Victoria's secret... But i'm curious to know what everyone else says... I haven't set my reward for my ultimate goal weight (about 34 pounds from now!)

Keep it up :)
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday, I go all out on ONE meal. Usually dinner. So far, still losing. But I'm no lazy *kitten* at the gym either. You gotta earn it.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Feelin' and lookin' good is all the reward I need.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    so far I have been rewarding myself at 10lbs.... so so far I have had one reward and they were a pretty pair of shorts. I plan on rewarding myself at every mini goal....that's alot of shorts !:blushing:
  • louwho36
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself this weekend for losing almost 30 pounds since January, and finishing my first year of law school, by going to Las Vegas with some friends for a bachelorette party!!!

Otherwise, for small things I might do something small, maybe a cute pair of new shoes (since clothes would be kind of wasteful, lol). Mani/pedi sounds like a great idea though, I might try that one!
    Congrats on both the wieght loss and law school. Vegas would be a great reward. Have fun:)
  • AEisele
    AEisele Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Congrats on the 30lb. That's great. Have a good time this weekend to, but keep up the good work.
  • AEisele
    AEisele Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought about short term goal rewards. That's a great idia. My big goal is when I get to my goal I'll be able to have reconstruction surgery. I'm a little scared of the surgery so I'm trying not to focus on it. So a short term goal would be good. I think when I reach my first 10lb I'll treat myself to a mani/pedi.
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LouWho seems you started something! AS USUAL! I am waiting to get to 200 to have Mol do my hair...if I can wait that long. You've got awesome goals and I admire that. I think I set mine too low but who knows how this year will go. Little rewards might be the trick! take me on the mani/pedi trip...I can see my toes! HA
  • louwho36
    Options
    LouWho seems you started something! AS USUAL! I am waiting to get to 200 to have Mol do my hair...if I can wait that long. You've got awesome goals and I admire that. I think I set mine too low but who knows how this year will go. Little rewards might be the trick! take me on the mani/pedi trip...I can see my toes! HA
    Lol! I just feel like there should be a little extra incentive to make you world that much harder. Losing weight and being healthy is ultimately the best reward but if you give yourself that something extra it seems to make it a little easier to push yourself.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be rewarding myself. I've been looking at HRMs, thinking I'll get one at twenty pounds. I am going on a VS and Aerie shopping spree when I reach goal.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I haven't even thought about this. I guess because this is really a health issue for me. My reward would be getting off of some of this medication after a while.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am just short of 30# but I went ahead and rewarded myself with a beautiful pair of opal earrings! My daughter was like...."you going to buy a new car for 50??"......Nah!! Maybe some surgery! Trip to Ireland/Scotland? We'll see, saving now!

The big stuff would be for taking it ALL off not 50!
  • louwho36
    Options
    I've been thinking about this since I posted it yesterday. I have 13 lbs to go until I will have lost 50. That's huge for me so I want to do something special. I think I might treat myself to a full on spa day. Massage, facial, the whole 9 yards.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    Apparently...pants.
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal, which will likely be a couple of years from now, will be a trip somewhere - perhaps to New Zealand, just like the Biggest Loser contestants went to. Just depends though. I'm down nearly 21 pounds now, and the reward for me has mostly just been being able to hear praise from the people supporting me. I think that when I get to the 50, 100, 150, 200, and 250 marks, I'll do something more, but that also kinda depends on my financial situation.

I'll keep watching this thread, though, 'cause I could always use suggestions.
  • louwho36
    Options
    My ultimate goal, which will likely be a couple of years from now, will be a trip somewhere - perhaps to New Zealand, just like the Biggest Loser contestants went to. Just depends though. I'm down nearly 21 pounds now, and the reward for me has mostly just been being able to hear praise from the people supporting me. I think that when I get to the 50, 100, 150, 200, and 250 marks, I'll do something more, but that also kinda depends on my financial situation.

I'll keep watching this thread, though, 'cause I could always use suggestions.
    21 lbs is awesome. Keep it up. And a reward doesn't even have to cost money. It could be something simple like making time to do something you really enjoy but never have time to do. For me its read or watch a movie.
  • louwho36
    Options
    Bump
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    When I complete the 30 day shred, I am rewarding myself with more hand weights and some kettlebells! Once I get to my goal weight I am going to get a whole new wardrobe.