How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• williameduncan
    williameduncan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Every morning after breakfast and, well, you know. I do it every day because if I waited to do it once a week, I'd forget/blow it off.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Everyday, nude, before I even take one sip of water.
  • YoshiCow
    YoshiCow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Everyday in the morning and track it on an app that works out my weekly average.
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Two or three times a week, maybe less.
  • megaaussieftw
    megaaussieftw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday in the morning same time. I have a whiteboard and every Monday i write the date and my new weight. Normally there is a deficit if it is 2-3 pound difference over the whole week i have a new top weight loss so far number i highlight. ( I weigh everyday as it keeps me on track and seeing little changes motivates me a lot, If i don't weigh myself i tend to lose interest in my goal weight. I don't want that to happen). So once a day same time everyday.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Every morning, before coffee, after pee. Naked.

But I track my overall progress based on the 23rd of every month (when I started). So I really only pay attention to the monthly trend.
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    To be honest whenever I am in the bathroom and naked!
  • Ginger046
    Ginger046 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Personally I weigh myself every day in the morning after the bathroom. I tried weighing once a week and didnt get anywhere with it as I ended up thinking that on the day I weighed myself.. I could binge.. as long as I was careful the rest of the week I could get back down to the same weight I'd be fine!

Now I think back to then I can see that I was eating about 1000-1200 calories a day during the week to compensate for my binges.. almost like ED behaviour..

Anyway what I'm trying to say is that some people need to see the number on the scale everyday for encouragement, others dont need this daily and are ok to check in once a week - some people even only weigh once or twice a month.

Totally depends on what you are most comfortable with :)
  • charlesmauch
    charlesmauch Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Every morning, right after arriving at the gym at 6:30am (which I record) and after I workout (just because). It amazes me how much my weight can change over the course of an hour or two. Today for example, I was 4lbs lighter after running for an hour. Usually it's 2 or 3lbs, and I'm drinking throughout the entire workout.

I chart my daily weight in a spreadsheet, along with my food macro totals. It's interesting to see the co-relation between carb/salt intake and weight too. I typically eat a ton of carbs on lifting days, and the day after I weigh 4 to 5lbs more. Recovery days (when I just do some light cardio and focus on protein/fats), the weight drops back down 4lbs or 5lbs. It's like clockwork unless I don't hit my macros.
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For now every morning, but like others I don't sweat minor fluctuations. Helps keep me accountable and I mark it on a calendar so I see the trend over the month.