Weight loss plateau

Options
stolendestiny
stolendestiny Posts: 18
edited December 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys,

I am 5'8, 165 lbs male who leads a very active lifestyle. I do long hikes over the weekends, rock climbing over a couple of days, run a few days, yoga and bodyweight exercises. I keep trying to change my exercise schedule so that cardio and strength training remains interesting.

I have lost around 35 lbs over the last 10 months but have hit a plateau over the past 6 weeks. It probably had to do with the sweets coming in at the office during Halloween, Diwali and birthday cakes. I try to keep it to a minimum but I am not able to resist them completely. I have milk and oats for the breakfast everyday. For lunch I either take salad, but more often than not eat a little unhealthy with fried tofu or pasta or go to an Indian restaurant. I usually have some dry fruits during late afternoon and sometimes baked chips. In the evening after my activities, I am usually too tired to cook and again end up eating out. I don't drink all that often.

My target weight was 150 lbs and at 165 lbs I still have a bulging tummy and I hate it! I want to be at sub 10% body fat percent but as of now my Ozeri weight scale shows me at around 14.5%. Earlier I was very rigorous with eating only salad for lunch, drinking vegetable juice and cooking at home at night but now my motivation has gone down. It's probably because I feel pretty fit except for the weight. I have signed up for 1st Feb half marathon and now I desperately want to reduce my weight. I think I know what I need to do but I am failing to do it.

What do I need to do in order to get that discipline back in my diet?

Thank you.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Your profile is not there to see if your diary is open or not.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you a vegetarian? Eating protein keeps you fuller longer.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    We all go through the dreaded PLATEAU !!! I am in one right now but i think i might finally be making small strides again after 4+months. All you can do is MAKE YOURSELF GET UP AND DO IT !!! The food is a BIGGIE !! The exercise will help. Eat at the proper deficit and everything will work out when your BODY decides it's ready.
  • stolendestiny
    Options
    Liftng4Lis I just changed my username and therefore it's not viewable if you click on my name. It's a bug that I will report. My profile is viewable here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/stolendestiny

But I haven't been adding food here so don't think it would be of much use. :)

queenliz99 yes I am a vegetarian and therefore eat tofu almost everyday. I take whey protein after a strenuous workout.

Thanks Monica! How do you keep yourself motivated enough for so long?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Still can't see your diary, but start lifting weights.