Looking for friends!! 20s and 30s**

Options
Hey everyone and good morning!! I'm a bit new to the website...I love that I can have a community of people here that are on the same path as me, that I can relate to and others than can relate to me and the health journey.

looking for friends today :)
:D (*)

Replies

• Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm Dan, 22 from the UK. Started my journey at 364 and I'm down to 238. I'm active every day with logging, chatting and messaging people aswell as blogging about my experiences and stuff! If you ever need any motivation, someone to rant to or just a chat I'm always here!
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm Dan, 22 from the UK. Started my journey at 364 and I'm down to 238. I'm active every day with logging, chatting and messaging people aswell as blogging about my experiences and stuff! If you ever need any motivation, someone to rant to or just a chat I'm always here!

Thanks for the add Dan!! I definitely need some friends here that can relate to my struggle. Most of my friends don't really "get it". All of my healthy meals, exercise, and calorie counting means absolutely nothing to them lol.
  • cloieclo
    cloieclo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a little motivation and what better way than talking to a fitness friend :) I've lost 26lbs so far and still quite a little way to go. Hopefully a few more off by Christmas and I know that's when everyone needs the most support!
    Would love to join you on your journey :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    add up* u & any1 else
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    I am so proud of you @cloieclo...you & my new friend Dan. You guys are doing really good on your journey and give you utmost respect. I am currently 180 - I've lost nothing yet, but I haven't been on my journey for that long either. I'm doing another weigh in on Monday *fingers crossed*
  • cloieclo
    cloieclo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you @beautifulciera! It's a slow journey but I'm really starting to enjoy it. Crazy I know.
    How have you started your journey? Gym? Healthy food?
    My fingers are tightly crossed for you :) Let me know how you get on!
  • doitmiss
    doitmiss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i literally just started again this week on Tuesday. I have tried many times to get down and after seeing my wedding photos from september and then my brothers baby shower last weekend i am determined to get healthier. I weigh 365 and boy i am getting down. This will be the last time that i start over.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    cloieclo wrote: »
    Thank you @beautifulciera! It's a slow journey but I'm really starting to enjoy it. Crazy I know.
    How have you started your journey? Gym? Healthy food?
    My fingers are tightly crossed for you :) Let me know how you get on!

I started my journey with healthy eating - cutting out sodas and excessive unhealthy snacking. But for the past week I have going to the gym 5 times a week, I'm taking Hydroxycut, and I'm also eating healthy..counting my nutrition with daily food logging. I've also purchased the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution 90 day program that should be in the mail today. I'm all in now....I'm going insane..because I do slip up sometime...as you can see from my food diary yesterday - I had some edy's slow churned cookies and cream && I didn't work out yesterday. So I'm taking things slow - sometimes when you go TOO hard..it becomes too much for you and you end up giving up. I have been there and done that....several times. But I have made some major improvements overall.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    doitmiss wrote: »
    i literally just started again this week on Tuesday. I have tried many times to get down and after seeing my wedding photos from september and then my brothers baby shower last weekend i am determined to get healthier. I weigh 365 and boy i am getting down. This will be the last time that i start over.

I totally get it honey!! Judge-Free zone....last weekend was when I had my epiphany. I was talking to one of the pregnant women working at the gas station who is 3 months and 185 Ibs...saying that she's scared of gaining too much more. Which I can definitely relate to. When I was 9 month pregnant with my now 4 year old son, I was only 151 lbs - I am NOW 180 lbs....thinking to myself. What the hell has happened to me, and how did I get to this point. WOW! You said you've always been a big girl...well me - I've always been a small girl. But NOW - not so much lol. Being small again is not even my goal. My goal is to be healthy, and to be comfortable in my own skin.

Start and Quit - Start and Quit - Start and Quit..... I've been there. I've said this is the last time...every time, but this time - it definitely feels different. The pregnancy weight versus 4 years later today really made me realize who out of control this has become.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Calling all sexy people to add me lol...or let me add you :blush:
  • morgiedoll333
    morgiedoll333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking for some active MFP friends too :)
    I'm 22 and down 23 lbs. Got 15 more to go and it's getting harder to see those numbers go down. But I'm trying to eat cleaner and get more workouts in!
    I'm really active, logging and commenting. Nice to meet you!
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just added you. I'm a 21 year old mom who was much smaller until my pregnancy. I ended up gaining 100lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I have a long way to go so I'll take all the support I can get :)
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking for some active MFP friends too :)
    I'm 22 and down 23 lbs. Got 15 more to go and it's getting harder to see those numbers go down. But I'm trying to eat cleaner and get more workouts in!
    I'm really active, logging and commenting. Nice to meet you!

Hello Gorgeous!!

I"m so proud you!!!!! 23 lbs down - wow.. Kudos to you lady. Over the past few days I have been very active as well with my logging and community involvement. Having friends here on MFP really helps a lot. Just having people in your corner than can relate to your lifestyle and understand why you do the things you do. People that remind you everyday why you are doing what are doing :smiley: I love it!! I've been trying to eat clean as well, but oh it is sooo hard lol
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    hncary wrote: »
    Just added you. I'm a 21 year old mom who was much smaller until my pregnancy. I ended up gaining 100lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I have a long way to go so I'll take all the support I can get :)

Oh my goodness!! WOW...the pregnancy weight has me blown away - I walked ALOT during my pregnancy and only gained 20 pounds...dropped 15 of it right after my pregnancy. My weight came on when I moved from the city to the country lol. You can imagine the transition I had to make....went from being very active to extremely lazy lol. Have you lost any weight so far? ***I haven't by the way, but hopefully I see some results really soon.***
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Hi

Hello ....how are you?? hopefully we can be daily motivation to one another through this journey! :)
  • Yami351
    Yami351 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel fee to add me too.
    I'm 23 and get the not having friend who can relate thing :)
  • tefa1225
    tefa1225 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I am 25 feel free to add me.
    It is really nice to see people interested to make friends and keep the motivation up.
  • sjf927
    sjf927 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 31 mom of two started at gym a month and half ago going 5 days but and loosing motivation quick could def use some friends on here to hopefully but momentum up again
  • baremington
    Options
    anyone is welcome to add me! i was successful on MFP last winter/spring and then got lazy and unmotivated. started back up last monday and would love to have supportive friends, as it really helped last time around!