When injury prevents the exercise you love

Options
2»

Replies

• ggluvbug1
    ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    phyllb wrote: »
    Boxing is awesome cardio and you can control the type of knee stuff you do. It's worth getting a few technique lessons and can box against one of those home units on your own time, your husband might love it also.

He would love it! I need to mention it to him
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    ggluvbug1 wrote: »
    lyttlewon wrote: »
    Swimming or pool exercises. Will aqua jogging hurt your knees too? A lot of people use it as a recovery method when they can't run due to injury.
    I mentioned in the original post that I don't have access to a community pool. I am in a very rural area, so our resources are pretty limited. :(
    You mentioned a pond so I wasn't sure if that was an option when the weather changed. It's a permanent problem correct?
  • ggluvbug1
    ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ggluvbug1 wrote: »
    Swimming or pool exercises. Will aqua jogging hurt your knees too? A lot of people use it as a recovery method when they can't run due to injury.
    I mentioned in the original post that I don't have access to a community pool. I am in a very rural area, so our resources are pretty limited. :(
    You mentioned a pond so I wasn't sure if that was an option when the weather changed. It's a permanent problem correct?

Yes. It is. I know it sounds crazy, but I won't swim in my pond! There are fish and turtles and snakes and such.....not sure I could handle that. :wink: