43 year old mom and wife looking for support in 100 pound weight loss journey and beyond

Options
SassyNewMe1993
SassyNewMe1993 Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2014 in Motivation and Support
I am a 43 year old (soon to be 44 year old) mother to two. One 15 year old daughter and one 21 year old college son. I have been married 21 years. I have battled weight my entire life. I have battled binge eating, stress and emotional eating and self sabotage. After years of therapy I am the place that I can finally start to follow my medical docs advice and start to make myself healthy physically and put this whole lifestyle together. I would love to find some supporters/friends who can help support along the journey. I look forward to this being a very inspiring new year ahead.

Replies

• audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You have this in the bag, and with the help of other on this site you can achieve anything you want, just motivation and dedication, good luck
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great site, lots of very helpful people on here.

Feel free to add me. I'm a 40 year old mom to 3 young kids. Started out at 224 lbs, 175 now. When all is said and done, should be a 85-90 lb loss for me when I hit my goal weight (eventually) :)

• cressa
    cressa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a 43 mom of three (18,13,10) and I've got 75 pounds to loose for the FIFTH time in my life! Grrrrrr. I need friends here too!!
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi

Me too. I have girls aged 12 and 14 and the same age as you. I had over 100lbs to lose but have lost 35 odd to date.

Could do with all the friends I can to help me get to my goals.
  • wescott123
    wescott123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 42 and I'm at my heaviest I've ever been ! Need some friends on here my age too. I have lots of thin friends who don't really understand what its like to battle with weight. I've lost 4 pounds in week 1 so feeling positive x hope to encourage others along the way x