GM diet

Options
hi Pals,
I came across GM diet and was wondering whether any of you had given it a try. is it safe and helps weight loss as mentioned??

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Can I please suggest since you found MFP and it's free, safe and has a great support network you give it a try first. Some on here have lost 100's of lbs.
  • pandatorabbit
    Options
    hi,
    thanks for the reply and do suggest me things. ya i feel hv been following mfp and have seen results. but few friends told me that GM is a good detox diet so thought of giving it a try.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I would never survive on this! I just looked it up and it may be OK short term, but it is not balanced at all and I would never be able to live solely on fruit and veggies with no fat or protein.
  • pandatorabbit
    Options
    yeah, i cannot survive without tea and it allows only black tea. am a vegetarian and would be lacking the protein as you said. thanks for the reply.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    detox is a ridiculous concept

the human body detoxes itself just fine

calories in / calories out

ignore all fads
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    LOL - now that is a seriously ridiculous diet mumbo-jumbo designed to cut calories

1 Eat all fruits on the first day. You can eat all the fruits you want except bananas. It is suggested that you consume lots of watermelon and cantaloupe.

2 Eat all vegetables on the second day. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the new and cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. Avoid oil and coconut while cooking vegetables. Have a large boiled potato for breakfast.

3 Eat any mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice on the third day. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet and no potatoes today.

4 Eat only bananas and milk on the fourth day. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. You can also have one bowl of vegetables soup.

5 Feast on the fifth day. You will eat one cup of rice. You also have to eat six whole tomatoes and drink 12 glasses of water today to cleanse your system of the excess uric acid you will be producing.

6 Eat all vegetables on the sixth day. You must eat one cup of rice today and eat all the vegetables you want cooked and uncooked to your hearts content.

7 Eat more vegetables on the seventh day. Your food intake will consist of one cup of rice, fruit juice and all the vegetables you care to consume.

8 Weigh yourself on the eighth day. You will be five to eight kg. lighter than one week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. Repeat the program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you rest for three days before every repetition.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    "On the first day of the GM diet, followers are only allowed to eat fruits. These fresh produce should contain no form of starch, potassium and carbohydrates, such as bananas."

If you can find fruit with no carbohydrates, you are welcome to try the diet. :D
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Do you know what's insidious about this, and other fads like it?

I have been using MFP to count calories and workouts since June 1st - in that time I have dropped, without much hassle, 41lbs, got much fitter, stronger, happier, leaner. Gone from a large US 12 to a small US 8. I have about 10lbs left to lose and am happily doing so slowly at a rate of 0.5lb a week. I have thrown away all fads, gimmicks and focused hard on core basics of weight loss and I feel like I'm finally, after 20 years, winning this particular battle

And yet I look at "Weigh yourself on the eighth day. You will be five to eight kg. lighter than one week ago" and a part of me goes ... gosh, I should try that sounds easy :angry:

arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

<works on psyche, reinforcing my knowledge basis>
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    the reason you will be lighter on day is is due to water weight loss. .

OP - this dies sound ludicrous..

just use MFP to create a calorie deficit and log your calories...
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

8 Weigh yourself on the eighth day. You will be five to eight kg. lighter than one week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. Repeat the program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you rest for three days before every repetition.

It sounds so laughable but this has to be my favorite. Losing 11-17 pounds in a week, as often as you want. Haha that is going to make my morning.

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    hi,
    thanks for the reply and do suggest me things. ya i feel hv been following mfp and have seen results. but few friends told me that GM is a good detox diet so thought of giving it a try.

tell your friends to stop giving out awful advice on stupid fad diets.
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    8 glasses of milk???
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    GM as in General Motors?

I tried searching it but i honestly couldn't read anything beyond General Motors. I am highly skeptical of anything created by or including the name of a car manufacturer. The two just don't go together in my head.