5'3'', Currently weigh 175 lbs, want to lose 60 pounds

Options
Jpat0
Jpat0 Posts: 201 Member
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for anyone who would want to be part of my weight loss journey, so we can motivate each other. I'm 23 years old and weigh 175 lbs. It's been really hard for me to lose weight, I've been down to 145 twice but as you can see, I gained it all back plus more. My highest weight was 180 and I never want to go back to that. I love running and kick boxing but my weight keeps me from truly enjoying it. I want to get to 115 lbs to lose my breast size and get an overall smaller looking frame. I want to be the healthiest I can be. I'm looking forward to start this journey once again; however, this time I will definitely reach the finish line!

Cheers.

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Jpat0
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • jmunn1129
    jmunn1129 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2, 170, and want to lose fifty pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • Sarahcuda
    Options
    I am also 5'3" (on a good day ;) ). My goal weight is 140. My highest was about 240 (probably more, but that's where I stopped jumping on the scale!). Best of luck to us both! We've got this!!! :)
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    welcome! I'm shport too. 5'0 and started off my journey at 140. Now at 135, but would like to be down to 115 if not more. For us shorties, its not easy!!! feel free to friend me!
  • 1201april
    1201april Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4" and 172, and have 43 pounds to go. Welcome, and we can definitely encourage each other!
  • milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I am also 5'3 (on a good day) and trying, eventually, to get down to the same sort of weight. Struggling at the moment though due to Christmas festivities and assorted social events!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'4" and have been as high as 178. I was 163 when I started my weight loss with this app and am 140 now. We have similar stats. Good luck!
  • katherinemab
    katherinemab Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4" and was 180 when I started. Down around 156 now. You've got this! 10lbs 6 times!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Spend some time thinking about the reasons it floundered last time and figure out some alternative strategies which will deal with it this time round.
  • Kaliedh
    Kaliedh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 5'3". My highest weight was 174 and I'm down to 162.4. If you'd like to add me feel free! I would love to make more friends :smile:
  • FizikallyFit1
    FizikallyFit1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'3" and at last weigh in I was at 178. My goal is to get healthy and fit. I would love to be able to do pull ups and the splits :D Originally I planned on losing about 43 pounds to get at my goal weight. But now I realize I would love to have muscle and am more flexible about the "goal weight". I would love to join you in your weight loss journey as we seem to have similar goals !! :wink:
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ... 5'4 and sitting at about 152 ... but I am a personal trainer and gearing up for a fitness show in April so hoping to get down to about 130.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'3" and at last weigh in I was at 178. My goal is to get healthy and fit. I would love to be able to do pull ups and the splits :D Originally I planned on losing about 43 pounds to get at my goal weight. But now I realize I would love to have muscle and am more flexible about the "goal weight". I would love to join you in your weight loss journey as we seem to have similar goals !! :wink:

Yay! I love hearing this. You'd be surprised how happy you are 10 pounds heavier than your goal if you saved some muscle!
  • RosaileenB
    RosaileenB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5'1 and started at 174, now I am at 157. It's hard but still working on it. I am working on building strength through weight lifting and working on my heart's health through cardio. You can add me on as a friend.
  • holly00722
    holly00722 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3" too. My starting weight was 172.2 and right now at 155.3. You can always feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!!!!
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also 5'3" and 175 lbs! My highest was 183 about 2 months ago and I'm hoping to get down to 125ish. Please feel free to add me! :)
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey, 5'2". Started at 185, 8 months or so later, now down to 134! Focusing on tight now, not so much on loss. Though, I will say I wish I had been focusing on tight from the beginning!

Feel free to add. Seeing other people's journey helps me keep on top of my own!
  • jlederman71
    jlederman71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    4ft 11inches here... just weighed in this morning at 168. Was down to 155 for my wedding just this past May. Life (and a sick mom) got in the way.. and its all back. Ready for 2015 to be my year!
  • Jpat0
    Options
    Wow, the support here has been amazing! I have never experienced such an understanding, supportive community before. Thank you for all the posts. Congratulations to everyone who has made progress in their weight loss goals. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other :)