Best Protein Bars?

Options
I love protein bars. I've had several varieties. The Special K kind with 10 grams do not fill me up enough.

My favorite is Quest bars. They have 20grams of protein, 17 grams of fiber, and taste great. The Double Chocolate Chunk tastes like a cookie.

I used to eat Fit & Active Cookie Dough bars from Aldi, but they changed the recipe and now they aren't as yummy.

What protein bars do other people like?

Replies

• lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Quest all the way!!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Double chocolate Quest in the microwave for 5 seconds.... unbelievably delicious
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your needs.
    Quest has 20 grams of protein 13 grams of fiber, 1 or 2 grams of sugar. and its less than 200 calories. for me its perfect. but it also cost more than $2.00 per bar.
  • unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like Kroger's Simple Truth Double Chocolate protein bars. They are usually about 80 cents apiece, over 20 grams of protein, and taste pretty good.
  • bbastin55
    bbastin55 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will take a cliff bar any day of the week.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The only ones I've found that I can eat are Quest, since they are whey-based and I am allergic to soy.
  • treynolds922
    treynolds922 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've tried several and I like Six Star's Chocolate Peanut Butter the best so far. 20g of protein and 190 calories. I haven't tried Quest yet.
  • Scottb4857
    Scottb4857 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein - any of the peanut butter varieties. Double chocolate chip pretty tasty also. The Chocolate Deluxe is not too good, but is lowest calorie at 180 with 21 g protein. Low enough calories compared to many of the brands I usually have an apple or other type of fruit with it to round out the nutrition.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    bbastin55 wrote: »
    I will take a cliff bar any day of the week.

Cliff bars are good, but they aren't protein bars.

I like quest bars as well.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Quest hands down!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    For the fiber and protein, I choose Quest. But honestly I don't love the flavors I've tried and the aftertaste is like butt in my mouth. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it or not.

I like Fiber One bars, too and I prefer their taste. Just usually not enough protein to keep me happy.
  • sdavies1984
    sdavies1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    FortiFX Crunch
  • jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like the Zone Perfect bars. They don't have sucralose and can be had for about 75 cents each at Costco. Only 12-14g of protein though.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Simply Protein/Whey in coconut is my fav!! Yum! I also like the apple & cinnamon one. They have a rice kripies texture, which I love!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Quest white chocolate raspberry.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Balance bars are pretty good -- I like the "gold" variety, especially the Caramel Nut Blast...also yogurt honey. Pure Protein are great for protein but only ok in the tasty department. My favorite are Kind bars, but they only have about 6-7 g of protein so don't count. Plus they're so good I can only buy them individually because calories!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Quest -- never seen them. Where do you buy them?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I really like the Musclepharm protein bars. Both flavors are very good. They are the closest thing I've found to a "candy bar". 210 calories/ 20G protein/ 7G Fat/ 28G carb/ 12G fiber They are pretty much the same price as Quest bars.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Quest -- never seen them. Where do you buy them?

I just got my first at GNC, but I imagine ordering online would be cheaper. They are kinda pricey, but for someone like me that needs those protein and fiber bumps, I think it's worth it.

• Telsera
    Telsera Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Power Crunch French Vanilla Creme. Tastes like a cookie. The other flavors are good too.