Swimsuits

Options
I am going on a vacation to the beach in 2 weeks. I am back to my prepregnancy weight but not my prepregnancy body yet. Does anyone know where I can get an affordable swimsuit that will hide my belly? I mean a tummy slimming one.

Replies

• Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    last summer I bought one; I just can't remember if was at sears or jc penny... gotta love the thrill of swimsuit shopping... :/ Good Luck! ...and enjoy your vaction! :)
  • sandinicole
    sandinicole Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    after reading your post i started looking for myself. i went to jcpenny and they have some really cute ones that cover your tummy and look like they would flatter, not expose. hope this helps!
  • WanderLaura
    WanderLaura Posts: 135
    Options
    ZAPPOS.COM!!!! I'm obsessed!! I got mine there, and it holds my stomach in like crazy!! They have spanx brand swim wear!! Happy browsing! try not to get addicted like I am!!
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    Options
    lands end! they have a flattening tummy line
  • aangrisani
    aangrisani Posts: 92
    Options
    I got a really cute one last summer at kohls. I actually can't wait to buy bathing suits in a couple of months, I hope to continue my progress thus far and actually feel comfortable.
  • tbelldiv
    tbelldiv Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can get lucky at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. I have gotten some DKNY and Anne Klein nice one pieces and tankinis there! It's worth a look! Prices are around $30.
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    I got a really cute "maternity" tankini at target. I like the maternity ones because they dont cling to your tummy =) and you would never know it was unless you were pregnant to fill it out! good luck!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    target has a great selection of bathing suits at very reasonable prices. They have everything from one piece suits, tankini's and bikinis all the way up to a size 24 or 26
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    This is seriously the BEST swimsuit in the world!!! Very flattering and affordable! I bought one and it makes me look like a pinup model and I am short and still on the chunky side LOL

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shape-Solutions-by-Catalina-Women-s-Shirred-Halter-Swimsuit/15149480
  • tgbjr1973
    tgbjr1973 Posts: 23
    Options
    My wife picked up a really nice one for around $25 at Sam's Club this weekend. It was a 2 piece, and it was specifically marketed as "slimming". Good luck!
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    :smile: I just saw that Target has the "Assets" brand (owned by Spanx) bathing suits. They have one pieces and two pieces that look very 1950's pin up. Looks like they would be very comfy and sexy (the black one piece has a push up bra too)...also Lands' End has some great shaping suits. I just got a few suits from Athleta's sale section, my favorite is posted on my profile, but I also got a pair of boy shorts and tankini top set!!
  • 120goalgirl
    Options
    ok the spanx over the shoulder ruffle red one is soooo cute and is on my wish list but since its sooooooo expensive and i have twins (im sure you can relate) i found a slimming sucker innie walmart one and its not that bad :) let me know what you find..im interested!
  • 120goalgirl
    Options
    but i would def stick with black since its slimming!
  • 120goalgirl
    Options
    oh i just noticed the post above from the girl that got the walmart shape solutions halter suit...thats the one that i have!!!! love it for now :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your personal style is or if this would be an option for you, but vintage style bathing suits are really flattering and forgiving of all body types and cover the tummy. Just got home from a 12 hour overnight shift, so I'm too tired to remember any sites right now.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I have this one in black:

http://www.esther-williams.com/swimwear/1-pc-classic-sheath/

...and I love it! It holds me in, plus gives my 38DD bust enough support, and looks so glam! And it's a proper swimsuit too, not something made just for sunbathing in! Oh, and tt's very slimming too! :bigsmile:
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options

...and I love it! It holds me in, plus gives my 38DD bust enough support, and looks so glam! And it's a proper swimsuit too, not something made just for sunbathing in! Oh, and tt's very slimming too! :bigsmile:
    I LOVE Esther Williams!! ( I love old movies)...I am digging the polka dotted two piece in red :heart: Thanks for the link!
  • mallynnh61
    mallynnh61 Posts: 3
    Options
    Magicsuit....victoria's secret...they are a little pricy but will for sure suck you in!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

I LOVE Esther Williams!! ( I love old movies)...I am digging the polka dotted two piece in red :heart: Thanks for the link!

So cute, aren't they? I love old movies too - they were responsible for me making my own clothes since I was 12, and now sewing for a living!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

thats gorgeous!