Homemade meatballs with ricotta

Options
missiontofitness
missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chef-johns-ricotta-meatballs/

I had about a pound of leftover ricotta from a potluck recipe yesterday, and had no idea what to do with it. I came across this recipe, and made a few tweaks based on the ingredients I had on hand.

Instead of marinara, I used two jars of Ragu pasta sauce that I had on hand. I also used only 1/2 a cup of ricotta, which was more than enough for the meat that I had. I also found that 93% ground beef worked amazingly with this, and the lower fat balanced out with the amount of olive oil I used (a little under 4 tablespoons total for cooking the onions/33 meatballs).

I'm going to have enough for 10-12 servings, and apparently meatballs with sauce freeze well as well. If you're looking to do a bulk meal prep, or try a new twist on meatballs, this is one to try! I've sampled a couple, and they are definitely out of this world.

Also, here's a photo of what mine looked like before browning.

sdvqf5818wc2.png
Depending on what you use, the nutritonal info will vary. But mine (accounting for the amount of olive oil I used) came out to 350 calories a serving, including the sauce.

Enjoy! :)

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Love your recipes. Always look and taste delicious..