HELP

Options
What time of the day is best to weigh yourself on the scale?
I've heard right when you get up.

I just finished a 2 hour workout and a shower, and apparently gained 3.6 pounds from that :grumble:

Replies

• fishermanwife
    Options
    first thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom, i always weigh myself within the same 30 min window if i happen to get weighed at the dr or something its always off by 2-5 lbs
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    muscles retain water after working out--you want to avoid the scale then. As soon as you wake up, but after you pee is the best time to weigh in.
  • stocks623
    stocks623 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It should be the same time every day. If you weighed your self in the am one day it should be the same the next day. I prefer the AM right after the shower.
  • crysthom
    crysthom Posts: 27
    Options
    If you washed your hair it could be the water weight....I always weigh in the morning before my shower, after I have went to the bathroom and without any clothes on. I don't know if that is right, but it is what I do.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    What time of the day is best to weigh yourself on the scale?
    I've heard right when you get up.

I just finished a 2 hour workout and a shower, and apparently gained 3.6 pounds from that :grumble:

It isn't from the workout, it is from the course of the day.
    The best time is right in the morning after you have gone to the bathroom (preferably both). Good luck!!!
  • eener74
    eener74 Posts: 3
    Options
    I always seem to "gain" after I workout. I personally always weigh-in on the same day of the week and at the same time of day (usually in the morning before I eat breakfast and before I workout). I'm just trying to take out as many variables as possible. I know some people who will always weigh-in with the same clothes on!
    Good luck! :smile:
  • MissRN2011
    MissRN2011 Posts: 2
    Options
    I think the best time to weigh in is once a week (my day is on Mondays). Since the human body is made up of a lot of water, fluctuations in our hydration levels can change the number on a scale, up to two pounds per day or more. But if you feel you must weigh everyday, always do it at the same time of day.

Hope this helps :)
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is interesting because I actually like weighing in after I've worked out. I always have lower numbers after a workout.