Hey You guys best way to lose is motivation right? Lets motivate one another!!!

Options
The days you feel you cant make it to the gym is a day you cant lose weight.

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Title, no - I don't believe that at all.

Also, weight loss doesnt usually happen on the same day as a gym visit and I refeuse to go every day. that would hurt and cause burnout.

good luck!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I can't make it to the gym for the next few weeks are you saying I can't lose weight? Well that was motivating... good thing I count more on my determination and drive for wanting better for myself than outside motivation or I might just give up right now
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You can "inspire" and "encourage" people with quotes and sayings, but someone who's motivated to lose weight really doesn't need much help with motivation. It really boils down to whether or not it's really a priority to the person. A motivated person will do whatever it takes, whether they really want to or not.
    And as yoovie said, you don't lose weight just because one goes to the gym. The reality is one loses weight IF they are consistent and are in calorie deficit. One could go to the gym and overeat and weight loss doesn't happen.

It's great to have support and positive feedback though. This was by no means a way of derailing your intentions, just giving you feedback that may help you along the way.

Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I disagree. I have plenty of motivation, but I am not losing weight. Why? Well that is because I am not 100% dedicated right now.

Also what the others said about the gym. It will not hinder weight loss.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I think you motivate yourself really. You cna get support and someone to persuade or give good advice, but the people that want it, do it because they know it makes sense.

As for not seeing gym weight loss immediately it depends. You can definitely sweat enough during a session to make a difference to the scale, although you will probably put most of it straight vack when you hydrate. Some of it stays off though if it contributes to your deficit.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's not about motivation

It's about commitment

You lose weight in the kitchen not in the gym
  • yoovie
    Options
    lol
  • glamgrljess22
    glamgrljess22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    But you can lose weight without going to the gym though.

My thoughts. I mainly workout at home in the comfort of my living room.
  • yoovie
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    But you can lose weight without going to the gym though.

you can lose TONS of weight if you get rid of your kitchen.
  • yoovie
    Options
    o wait, eating out, maybe not
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lmgeter wrote: »

what!? i have never been to a gym in my life and i've lost weight just fine...
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options

You're awesome because you were trying to be uplifting and positive.
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The thread was meant to help people be motivated in this weight loss journey. Its great to have a support group, people who are there for motivation/ advice.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

200_s.gif