Recent NSVs

Options
47Jacqueline
47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
Yesterday I completed a Zumba Gold training class and got my certification. Years ago I was almost the same weight an thought about becoming a Jazzerzize instructor, but was discouraged by my instructor for not being thin enough and for not being a dancer.

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Nice! And forget that instructor...also, try pole. It doesn't take someone with a background in dance to learn to be sexy and graceful...and strong!

My NSV is in my profile pic...and in my gallery. Today I learned the brass monkey and the super man.
  • sweetsknit3
    sweetsknit3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've got some! I bought new pants yesterday - two sizes smaller than when I started. They are snug, but not disgustingly so. And I've officially lost all of my second daughter's baby weight.

Progress is so nice.
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    great job, ladies!!! within the past 6 weeks i've completed my first mini marathon and first tough mudder!!! :)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I can now take small bites, savor things and be satisfied with smaller portions and flavor instead of bulky bites and quick eating...I'm out of Tasmanian Devil Mode...lol
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had someone at the gym come up to me yesterday and told me I inspire them to keep going when they were getting tired... they were watching and noticed I did not give up and quit... so they kept going too... :-)
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Lost so much weight my pinky ring falls off. Lost it doing laundry found it in the dryer.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just spent the Friday, Saturday and Sundays doing long drives out of town. Usually this is a trigger for me to stop at mini-marts along the way and get large (very large) sodas and snacks and munch my way through the miles. This weekend, I didn't! I drank a ton of water and did not let so much as a scrap of snacks into my car (or my mouth). I'm thanking the Lord for His strength in this!
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had a gig with my band this past weekend. The last time I had worn that dress shirt, I couldn't button the top button and had to hide the fact with my tie. Saturday night, I was able to button the top button, and ended up having extra room!
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have a skirt that I have already altered once and now I have to do it again also my slip (thankfully I was at home) fell down on me yesterday. I had to alter that before also I guess I will have to do both again or you know buy some new ones to celebrate my NSV.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I completed a Zumba Gold training class and got my certification. Years ago I was almost the same weight an thought about becoming a Jazzerzize instructor, but was discouraged by my instructor for not being thin enough and for not being a dancer.

Way to go!!! I'd like to do something like that. I love Zumba and other dance cardio classes.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This NSV is sort of SV but I think it counts.

I did my check-in this morning and realized the last time I was on the scale was for my last check-in. I'm a retread but this time around I haven't been on the scale multiple times a day or even once a day nor do I live or die by the numbers.

Also, a woman I've known for several months told me she thought I'm in my 40s. I'm 54. Maybe not a NSV but it sure made my day.
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options
    beachgod wrote: »
    This NSV is sort of SV but I think it counts.

I did my check-in this morning and realized the last time I was on the scale was for my last check-in. I'm a retread but this time around I haven't been on the scale multiple times a day or even once a day nor do I live or die by the numbers.

Also, a woman I've known for several months told me she thought I'm in my 40s. I'm 54. Maybe not a NSV but it sure made my day.

Definitely a NSV. I get taken for a lot younger often. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I'm like Gloria Steinham - this is what it looks like.
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options
    This morning my orthopedist took the brace off my leg and said I didn't need it, my crutches, or physical therapy because my leg has healed and he showed me how the bone has started to grow to reinforce itself where the break was. Woo! Woo! Also, I can do all my activities except jumping (which I don't do) and riding my bike (yet).
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I got a couple today!! My pants were falling down while Christmas shopping, so today I wore a belt and I've moved a notch tighter!! And I leg pressed 180lbs today!!! whoot whoot!! LOVE NSVs!!!!!!!
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for new work pants Saturday cause most of the ones I have are a little big and found out I dropped two sizes! Woo Woo
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    To see my collar bone and the true characteristics of my face.
  • notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've dropped two sizes since I've began, officially out of plus sizes :D
    Also I've noticed that now when I work out, I can zone out and think of things other than pain. I've actually found myself enjoying it! Definitely a new one for me, I've always hated exercise.
  • 3Alice3
    3Alice3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Putting a christmas nightie on last night that I distinctly remember was very very tight at the beginning of this year, and it turning out to be ridiculously baggy. Like my three year old actually fit into it with me, with extra room haha. I mean, I knew I would have more room but still, not that much!
  • DaniTronMcNally
    DaniTronMcNally Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I ran up the stairs at work today to answer the phone, and was able to answer it with out puffing so badly I can't hear the other person!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!