Felt like giving up today!! :(

Options
Hey Everyone!
I guess I'm in pity-party mode today. I've been exercising every day since March 1st. I've been
watching what I eat and have NEVER been over my calorie goals for the day. That being said,
I don't feel like I'm seeing enough progress. This is the longest I have EVER stuck to a diet
and exercise program, and my stomach is still flabby!!! If it makes any sense, some days
my stomach looks worse than others. I lost 10 lbs in the first month, and I'm not weighing
myself till I go to the dr's on Saturday, so I don't know how I did for April. I'm afraid to find out.
If it's not that good, I know I'll lose my drive even more. Help!! I don't want to give up, I just
want to see a bigger difference!! So discouraged today!!! :sad: :grumble:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    i guess it would help to see your diary---are your calories coming from high quality foods? do you eat often during the day? Are you watching carbs? (PCOS people tend to be carb sensitive). Many factors could be playing a role.
  • ugh1
    ugh1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You know what, dear, your body is still adjusting to your new healthy lifestyle. Good things come to those who wait, and patience is a virtue! Don't give up, it's going to be worth it.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I think we have all been there at some point or another. The only thing I can tell you is to stick with it, it will work!!!! Good Luck =)
  • mamatracyd
    mamatracyd Posts: 1
    Options
    are you doing the same exercises every day because if you are your body can get used to that and stubbornly stay at the same weight...try shaking it up a bit
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's OK! You might have hit a bit of a plateau...just know that progress is still progress, even when it's slower that usual. You might try to shock your body by trying a different kind of workout or take a couple days off and re-start. Or maybe cut back on carbs?
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    did I just read you lost 10 pounds the first month? wow- that's great. Don't give up. Weight loss is more than just a quick fix. It is about a healthy lifestyle as well. Depending on how much you have to lose, your weight loss will slow down to a decent rate of 1-2 pounds per week. The initial weight loss usually has to deal with water etc. especially for us women. Do not give up!! I have been at this for 4 months and have had steady progress, but just as if not more importantly- I have gained a lot of friends and encouragement here...If you would like some more support, feel free to add me :)
  • mrshill1618
    mrshill1618 Posts: 14
    Options
    not everyday is a good one... We all get discouraged. Remember that if u stop now, you will go back to where you were or if your like me maybe even worse! Then you have to start all over again!!! I started what I like to call "Making better decisions" about what I was eating in June of 2010 and I have lost 55 lbs so far! I decided this time not to make unrealistic expectations & however long it takes, Im going to do it!!! I have been overweight off and on my entire life. You can do it! One thing that works for me is to set a weekly goal (& it cannot be # of lbs to lose) such as exercise 30 min, 3 x this wk, or drink only one pop a day, or eat breakfast every morning, and I just do that & the results are typically good:)
  • familyfound
    familyfound Posts: 16
    Options
    I also have PCOS issues and the weight comes off very slowly. Losing 10 lbs is a great start! I would try to concentrate on how much healthier you feel...the numbers on the scale will eventually come down!
  • lrnlvr
    lrnlvr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Never give up! your body did not become this way over night, and it most certainly will not come off over night. you have not signed up for a diet by using this application, you have signed up for a lifestyle change. Commit to the change and no matter what your going to see results.
  • sarahfreund
    Options
    :happy: :smile: take it from a fellow pcos,er. the weight comes off slower in ppl. like us. keep off all refined sugar and hang in there. it'll come off soon.
  • familyfound
    familyfound Posts: 16
    Options
    not everyday is a good one... We all get discouraged. Remember that if u stop now, you will go back to where you were or if your like me maybe even worse! Then you have to start all over again!!! I started what I like to call "Making better decisions" about what I was eating in June of 2010 and I have lost 55 lbs so far! I decided this time not to make unrealistic expectations & however long it takes, Im going to do it!!! I have been overweight off and on my entire life. You can do it! One thing that works for me is to set a weekly goal (& it cannot be # of lbs to lose) such as exercise 30 min, 3 x this wk, or drink only one pop a day, or eat breakfast every morning, and I just do that & the results are typically good:)

I do the same thing..it's a lifestyle change...so setting small goals helps to keep you motivated!
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago, I truly wanted to give up on everything.. MFP included. I can't say I don't feel the same way anymore, but I can say, I've realized that when I AM doing what I'm suppose to be reguarding my healthy(er) eating and excercising, I physically, and mentally, feel so much better. I guess everyone gets into a funk, and it's all part of this lifestyle change by making ourselves stay committed... and the hardest times is when we don't want to. I said to myself "what the heck? I've lost over 30 lbs and where in the WORLD did it go? I still feel like I look exactly the same!" And you know, it's hard to see change in someone that you see every day, all day. But when someone came into work the other day and said (not to me, but to someone else at first) Holy cow.. Has Stacy lost weight? She looks really good! I KNEW there had to have been something to notice. That helped put a small pep back in my step.
    Remember, if this was easy, we would have done it a long time ago. Life is full of challanges, and we only get stronger by fighting harder. Don't give up. You'll look back in 6 months, a year, or whenever and say to yourself.. what the HELL was I thinking? If I would have stuck with it, I'd be.... (skinnier, smaller, healthier, toner, etc)..
    Good Luck, we are all here for you
    PS - If you don't have a partner (wether online or in person) to help keep you motivated, please find one.. My cousin truly is one of the greatest reasons I've stayed committed for as long as I have
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm so glad I posted this. I needed the extra push.... I certainly do NOT want to start over again, that's
    for sure!!! I know I will gain the weight back if I quit now, and I needed that wake up call!!! Ugh!!!
    I guess I'm really hard on myself, I always have been.....:embarassed:
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The following thread talks about what to expect along this journey of ours. I think it's a pretty helpful read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

You can do this!!!!
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Thanks for the link!!! :smile: