How many calories??/

Options
If we can't eat all the calories set for us per day, how many calories must we eat before going into starvation mode. I currently am on 1560 per day. I read on one of the messages that it was 1200, but can't find that message again. Does anyone know and where can I find the information?

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    1200 is way too low for many people. You should stick to whatever MFP recommends if you put in how much you want to lose weekly, your weight, goal, etc.
  • Rosaleeh81
    Rosaleeh81 Posts: 34
    Options
    i dont know, but i do know that u shouldn't go UNDER 1200 a day.
  • regi1
    regi1 Posts: 28
    Options
    I know mine is 1200 on a daily intake of 1440. Ususally if you are way under when you submit your calories for the day it will tell you if you are way too low.
  • MandiG82
    MandiG82 Posts: 7
    Options
    1200 is the least amount that anyone should ever eat.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's not really set in stone. Everyone is a little different. If your not hungry then your probably fine. Assuming you have no medical condition that causes lack of appetite. Your body usually tells you if your to low. Don't worry about it to much, you'll go nuts.

The intake of calories at these low levels usually involves getting the necessary nutrition to your internal organs. If you exercise a lot and end up with negative net that's ok as long as your still getting the nutrients your body needs. Just my opinion of course. Medical school is to difficult for me.