Race Weekend!

Options
natskedat
natskedat Posts: 570 Member
Hi All! I'm very proud to report that I did my first triathlon since having my two kids (4 1/2 and 2). It was a real struggle to train for an event with two little ones, but I did it and I'm really happy.

Here's what I want to share: running, cycling, swimming, triathlon, tennis, raquetball, speed walking, ultramarathoning, kite surfing...whatever! EVERYBODY can do it. I saw people of ALL shapes and sizes working hard and turning themselves inside out to complete an incredible goal. People aged 12 to 70 competed this weekend.

You guys, I saw men and women who mere mortals might disregard as being "unathletic" or even "overweight" completing a 1/2 Ironman Triathlon (1.5 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride on a really brutal, hilly course, and 13.1 miles on hills)! They turned themselves into superhumans! People missed the cutoff time for qualifying and they didn't care. They just kept going! It was SO inspiring!

It was as if limits didn't exist for them.

I was reminded over and over of limitless possibilities. You are limited only by your desire. If you want to achieve a goal, you can. There is no reason you *can't*. It might not be easy, but you can get there on sheer will. I know it because I saw it. I watched thousands of people achieve the impossible this weekend.

You can too. Keep going.

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Love it. You are SO right!! I just finished my second sprint tri and there were people of all shapes and sizes. The age range I saw was from 15-63. It is so inspirational to watch these people and a great feeling of accomplishment to complete one, even if mine was just a sprint. :wink: One day, maybe I'll take on the Half Ironman, but gotta do a few more sprints, then graduate to the Olympic distance first. Congrats on your race!!!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Good luck and remember to keep your electrolytes balanced on the bike leg.
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU- this is exciting!

Also, your post is very inspirational. Thank you!