I am sorry for being so angry that you only have 15 punds to

Options
I feel like a terrible person. As I read some of the blogs and messages on the boards, I feel myself getting angry and jealous that some of the other people on this site are in low double digit weight loss mode. I think how dare you agonize over the 3 pounds you have left to lose, its not fair...

Then I feel guilty for being angry at people i don't know because they have done the work. They have made the sacrifice, they have almost made it! Wow someday that could be me, I am doing the work and have now made it to a consistent 2 weeks of logging calories. Having mess ups and realizing that the few times that I have over ate I've off set it with 30 minutes on the elliptical.

I have a feeling that this site may save my life, I am very grateful for how simple it is making my journey. I hope that anyone that is feeling down can just stay the course and feel better about themselves like me....

Replies

• djhavoc
    djhavoc Posts: 43
    Options
    I think some of us feel like that I am one that has to lose 10-15lbs but I do get a quick one second jealousy reaction when I see some on here that only have 5lbs, 3lb, etc to go but I use that energy for motivation in my own road to success.
  • mavila1978
    mavila1978 Posts: 49
    Options
    You're not a terrible person! We all have our own journeys. One thing that I have seen on here which puts things into perspective is, "Your starting weight is another person's goal"
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    One nice thing about these boards is that there is quite a variation in weight loss needs. One thing I've learned since I've been on the boards is that where ever you are - there is probably at least one person on the boards who WISHES they were there.

It's all relative.

Just keep on walking down the path :)
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Love it mavila!!! Thanks
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    It's natural. It may not be a good thing. But some of us have struggled with our weight our entire live so for us to see someone complaining of 15 pounds the first thing we think is "*****"

@djhavoc your name just reminded me of my favorite band, AFI [Lead singer is Davey Havok]. LOL You probably don't care but still
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal. I get totally jealous of the people who post about not being able to eat all their calories. I'm like really? I could eat double that if I was allowed. I WISH I didn't have this HUGE appetite. *sighs* It's okay. Don't worry about it :) Just try not to be rude to those people LOL because we all have our own battles.
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    It's more of a tinge of jealousy for me...I have a LONG way to go but I know I can do it!! Feel free to add me as a friend...I love the support and motivation my MFP pals provide!! =)
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Wonderful post. It's great to see the change in your attitude and the realization that YES! That could be you and that WILL be you! Keep going the way you are and you can achieve anything :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    At least your honest about it. I have lost 35 lbs and now have about 15 more to lose. At the beginning of my journey i was a tad bit jealous reading the Success Stories of those that had made their goal or close to it. But like you said it made me motivated and helped me to focus and stay on the course!

Stay with it soon you will be posting about your success stories!!:happy:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I've thought the same before. :) But, now as I'm getting closer and closer to my goal weight, it doesn't bother me anymore. Stick with it!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Boy do I know how you feel - but like other posters have said, you have to focus on your own journey and remember everyone is different. No one will have the same journey as you, regardless of where they started.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    You're not a terrible person! We all have our own journeys. One thing that I have seen on here which puts things into perspective is, "Your starting weight is another person's goal"

I love this statement!

So long ago when I first started losing weight, I felt the same. It was hard to listen to those around me complain about even 20 pounds when I had over 100 to lose. Now that I am within 15 pounds of my goal, I understand where they are too. its hard at any level, and in fact its really tough to get those last few off. I see people who can lose 5 pounds in a week and I am jealous because I know it could take me a month to lose that. So we all have to be where we are at the moment and support eachother.

No harm in venting your feelings though, because most of us truly understand!:flowerforyou:
  • Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 61
    Options
    Yeah, but it's all jealousy for me. I wish I would have put myself in a position where I only had 15 pounds to lose... that would have been the smart(er) thing to do rather than rack up the 70+ I needed to lose just to get into a healthy weight range.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato"
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    I feel the same way A LOT! I get so frustrated at people who are complaining over a couple of pounds! I think its my jealousy
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    You are doing so well....you CAN do this. *hugs*
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal. I get totally jealous of the people who post about not being able to eat all their calories. I'm like really? I could eat double that if I was allowed. I WISH I didn't have this HUGE appetite. *sighs* It's okay. Don't worry about it :) Just try not to be rude to those people LOL because we all have our own battles.

That is funny that is me as well.......how I wish I had a hard time finishing all my calories......ha, ha!!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Someone told me the other day that my starting weight is their dream weight.
    I almost dropped dead.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    One nice thing about these boards is that there is quite a variation in weight loss needs. One thing I've learned since I've been on the boards is that where ever you are - there is probably at least one person on the boards who WISHES they were there.

SO TRUE and I need to remember this too because I find myself doing what the poster did and I also feel like a jerk for being judgmental. BUT you realize you are doing it so you can change that immediate thought process! Good luck to you!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. It can be discouraging, but on the other hand I do like to read the ones who are struggling to lose fifteen and realize they used to have 70 to lose - that's going to be me! I friend those people.
  • jamielee37
    jamielee37 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I read a post on here the other day with before and after pictures. The before picture is me...NOW! She was saying that she felt so gross and cried when she looked in the mirror after looking at her before picture. Her start weight was at just 140 pounds. I look physically ALOT the same body wise as that picture. I'm thinking "HEY! i'm not GROSS lady!"
    But then I said "i'm NOT gross. I am going to and want to lose a few more pounds, but i'm not gross, even now." It was actually a morale boost! I realized that I am stronger minded than I thought. Keep on trucking!