18 lbs in 20 weeks - halfway there! (With pics)

Options
Soybeaner
Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
My fitness journey began in December 2012 when I lost my fourth pregnancy. That was my third back-to-back pregnancy loss in a year. I hit bottom. After leaving the hospital from the D & C procedure I vowed to do something different. I gained almost 15 lbs during my year of losses. Time to retake my health.

I started tracking calories and working out. I had never put that level of effort in before. It paid off. By August 28, 2013 I had gone from 186 to 158 pounds. I did a post about it at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1043538

I found out I was pregnant September 6, 2013. The morning sickness took a toll and my logging streak ended at 170 days. A long stressful pregnancy ensued. Our healthy little girl arrived during an April rainstorm. The little sister our 3 year old daughter always wanted.

I started working out and counting calories in July when my youngest turned three months. I was starting almost in the same place I had in late 2012. Time to do this! Again! Although, I’m not terribly fast at the weight loss thing as I like to eat. Ha! But I am determined, persistent, and consistent.

20 week update body stats
• 18 lbs lost
• 3.25 inches lost from my waist
• 3.5 inches lost from my muffin top
• 2.25 inches lost from my hips

Other fun facts
• Couch to 5K completed in early August
• Hottest run on 8/25/2014 at 99 degrees C. Average 13 minutes 33 seconds per mile over 3.1 miles
• Coldest run on 11/17/2014 at -9 degrees C. Average 11 minutes 58 seconds per mile over 3.1 miles
• 154 days consecutive food logging on MyFitnessPal on 12/8/2014
• Average intake of 1975 calories per day. No foods banned. My honest food journal contains treats like Snickers and M & Ms. I do not want to lose weight in a way I cannot maintain long term.
• My 3 year old now uses phrases like “healthy, fun exercise, fitness, work out, yummy food, protein”.
• Hours of sleep lost due to children = to numerous to consider
• Ate on the road 27 days of the 20 weeks due to my job

I plan to continue my fitness lifestyle. My current goals include dropping another 18 lbs, continuing to run outside three days per week and strength training three days per week. Both of my daughters have April birthdays. I have a weak upper body. My goal is a handstand during their birthday party in 2015!

If you read all the way through (whoa I'm impressed!) here should be comparison pictures of week 1 on the left and week 20 on the right.

bpn24aguy595.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!