This is my third try at this... It's working!

Options
This is the first time Ive committed breaking my record today is my 13th day I've lost 5lbs And usually this is where I start breaking down:( HELP!

Replies

• determinedladybug
    Options
    You can do this. Don't give up. Just keep at it. If you stick to it, it will work and there are a lot of people on MFP who can help you get there.
  • Mb0529984
    Mb0529984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep going man! We all have days that are tough, but if you can power through you will thank yourself later. I have definitely had my fair share of starts and fails when it comes to weight loss, and I always regret stopping. Just think, if you can lose 5lb in 13 days then in a month you could be 10lb lighter. Everyday will add up, sometimes slower than we want, but it will add up, and eventually you will reach your goal. Even if you only lose 1/2lb a week, in a year you will be 26lb lighter. Stick with it!
  • Mb0529984
    Mb0529984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If thinking of a big goal try making smaller ones to start out. For example, I started out with about 30lbs to lose, but instead of focusing on the whole 30 I focus on 5lb at a time. Celebrate the 5 you've lost!
  • jenifferlopez718
    jenifferlopez718 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support. New day! Along with this app i downloaded happy scale its a simple little app. Do you find yourself weighing yourself everyday?. I know I do. Probably cause I'm afraid of gaining what I've lost. Well this app has helped me understand the ups and downs. Ive recorded my weight everyday on it since I began on MFP....By the way my name is Izzy. JLo is probably somewhere in my subconscious as how I would like my butt to look like lolololol.
  • TeyaSweet
    TeyaSweet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your weightloss goal? I'm five feet tall female looking to lose 50 pounds. (180 to 130)
  • jenifferlopez718
    Options
    Same as you! Began at 181 trying to go down to 145 or less. Ive setup short milestones to reach my goal by the end of march.
  • TeyaSweet
    Options
    I've never been this big (155 was my highest before just recently) but I have used mfp before and it was wonderful. Back in June-ish I was my goal weight of 130 so I'm confident I can do it again! I just always forget to log my food... I keep a journal to write food in during the day, but the set up of mfp is great and way more accurate.
  • jenifferlopez718
    Options
    Well my iPhone is my best friend lol and since I downloaded the app it has been much easier to follow up and the reminders are great
  • TeyaSweet
    Options
    I should grab that app. Do the reminders work like a text message, or does it only appear when you check the app?
  • jenifferlopez718
    Options
    Sorry for not replying... It doesnt have reminders but it does keep you motivated! Try it ! It has worked for me!
  • jenifferlopez718
    Options
    On my 20th Im hanging in there
  • jenifferlopez718
    Options
    Mb0529984 wrote: »
    If thinking of a big goal try making smaller ones to start out. For example, I started out with about 30lbs to lose, but instead of focusing on the whole 30 I focus on 5lb at a time. Celebrate the 5 you've lost!

I always think about why I started:)
  • muffintopuk
    Options
    Hi hun, today is my 16th day and im 7lbs down, please dont give up, YOU can do this!!!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Don't give up all your hard work! You will just have to lose it again if you gain it back!
  • jenifferlopez718
    Options
    I'd like to share this easy low fat pumpkin pie recipe;)

http://youtu.be/0jPCZ36o2fQ