is drinking distilled water dangerous?

Options
_noob_
_noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
Had some the we use for our humidifier that crapped out and thinking of just drinking it.

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I think your brain fell out, it looks like its between your legs there buddy
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Add raspberry ketones and green tea extract. You should be fine.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    If this is a joke man, you shouldn't be joking about this. Distilled water will draw out all the good minerals from your system. That stuff isn't safe.

http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water.htm

(not serious)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this too.

Also, can you drink evaporated milk? Do you have to steam it first? Wait, that's wrong. Freeze it back to liquid? Does it count as water?
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    If this is a joke man, you shouldn't be joking about this. Distilled water will draw out all the good minerals from your system. That stuff isn't safe.

Do not quote "He who shall not be named" even in jest! Even a single link to that person's drivel can lower the IQ of this board (no small feat).
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    We would use distilled water to play a really really mean joke on people we didn't like when I was on my ship.

Distilled water will make you poop. and poop. and poop. and poop some more. Just when you think your done, you poop even more.

Pour it in a glass for any in-laws you don't like, who will be staying for a day or two, you won't see them much.

ETA: to clarify, troll understood before commenting... just wanted to let you know the fun that can be had with it.
    Also- "purified" water doesn't count. Has to be true, nearly pure H20.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Distilled water is distilled.
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Soooo if i drink distilled water, does it count as water?
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I began drinking distilled water a month ago. I feel so much better. I had my gallbladder out years ago and would have constant pain from the site. I have learned that the calcium carbonate from our treated water can build up and distilled water is simply h2o. No impurities.

Our tap water has zinc, arsenic, calcium carbonate, RADIUM !, phosphorus, haloacetic acids and more. A filter doesn't get that out. So I drink distilled now. I make my ice cubes out of it, too.

I have had no bad effects. There are enough minerals in the foods that I eat to make up for what is not in the water.

Yeah, the taste is different, but that's because there isn't all the JUNK in it that I was so used to before.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Distilled water is simple H20 with no impurities. How can that leach minerals out of one's system? The process of steam distillation is simply evaporation and condensation, it's what rainwater would have been before we mucked up the world's air. How can it possibly be bad for a person?
  • diannehunt944
    diannehunt944 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    iAMsmiling wrote: »

Do not quote "He who shall not be named" even in jest! Even a single link to that person's drivel can lower the IQ of this board (no small feat).

Totally agree; I wouldn't buy anything from that man let alone believe a word he says.