Any yummy, easy sack lunch ideas?

Options
I need some ideas for lunches. They need to be quick and easy (I'm in school so I can't do much)., and of course delicious! If you have any ideas please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    My biggest suggestion is to just make extra at dinner, then take left overs. I always make a few extra servings of things (buying in bulk helps lower costs) and freeze them in individual servings for me to take with me to work. It'll help save money and you just run out of the door with it.

You can get individual mini bags of carrots and mini hummus tubs (I love the two together!). But that does get pricey.

I stick to my first suggestion. hehe That way you also know what exactly is in the food you are eating, instead of guessing and turning yourself over to food companies. :)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Lunch is hardest for me also. I have work and I'm a full time student. One thing I do often is a whole wheat 100 cal tortilla with 1 tbsp of either trader Joe's one ingredient peanut butter or sunflower seed butter with 1 tbsp of whole fruit preserves. It equals about 200 calories.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    My school provides bag lunches for people who can't make it to the caf during the day. It usually consists of a drink, sandwich, carrots, apple, chips, and a cookie.

BOOOORING. I'd say yogurt, veggies and hummus, fruit salad, green salad, wraps, crackers and spread.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Starkist Chunk Light Tuna in Water POUCHES!!
    It's like, the base of my lunches.
    80 calories.
    .5g fat.
    1g carb.
    1g fiber.
    18g protein!
    AMAZING.
    Tuna is wonder food!! :)
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave?
  • MegsMads
    MegsMads Posts: 10
    Options
    I am a huge fan of greek yogurt and cottage cheese! Both are low calorie but high in protein so they keep you going for a long time. My friend also gave me the idea of cutting up apples in the plain greek yogurt to add some sweetness!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I make either egg salad or tuna the night before and put it in a sealed bowl and then bring bread with me and slap it together when at school. I also take a piece of fruit and a walnuts and raisins mixed together as a snack. It only takes a few min to prep the night before and i store it in the fridge and then throw it all in my lunch bag in the morning and run out the door. I also do all natural peanut butter on whole wheat with some honey. That holds me for a real long time.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    How about apple slices and peanut butter? Or celery and peanut butter? You could take some string cheese with you too. Or some almonds in a snack bag -- love almonds! :)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    p b and j
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Leftovers! Or a peanut butter & banana sandwich.. my personal favorite.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    great topic.. bump
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There have been a few other great message board strings on lunch ideas - check the search for them and I bet you will find a bunch that have already been posted. I too do the extra dinner servings as lunch the next day. I love hard boiled eggs, salads, and turkey in a pita w/ lettuce or arugula, open faced cucumber sandwiches w/ light cream cheese and tomatoes, lentil salad, leftover grilled veggies and hummas. I'm a total foodie so I make more extravegant lunches than most.
  • crystaljewel87
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave?

No, I do not.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I make lots of soup and freeze it in individual containers so I can grab and go. I will eat leftovers from dinner the night before, but with a 14 year old endless pit for a son, the leftovers are many times nonexistent!

My biggest favorite and what I eat quite a bit of the time is hummus in a pita, bagel thin, or flatbread with some veggies. I switch up the hummus and veggies. I always have a yogurt and fruit with it.
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and berries sandwich on whole wheat bread is my new fave! Less sugar than jelly, and the peanut butter has plenty of protein!
  • kaitmpayne
    kaitmpayne Posts: 3
    Options
    I love blueberries and walnuts and they hit the list of 7 things you should eat everyday. I romaine lettuce wrap with turkey and spinach and maybe some dijon and onion. Baked sweet potato with small butter and cinnamon! Yum.
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like hardboiling an egg the night before (or morning of, but usually I'd rather have the extra ten minutes of sleep than the egg) and popping it in the fridge.

Then in the morning, I pack that, a serving of low calorie cheez-its, a baggie of lettuce and individual humus packet (at lunch time, i put some of the humus on the lettuce as a dressing), and some sugar snap peas (nice cause they don't take cutting or prepping) to dip in the remaining humus. Or I'll pack an apple or something. Whatever- usually a few things plus the egg. The egg is really the high protein base of it.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    when i was in school, i ate a lot of:

sandwiches (lunch meat, pb, or pita and hummus)
    salads
    yogurt
    veggies
    granola bars
    fruit
    cheese
    crackers

you can do it right by picking out healthy crackers, granola bars, etc. or making your own.

also, maybe gazpacho? it's a soup you drink cold, it's essentially pureed tomatoes and cucumbers!