Hi, I'm Sam!

Options
Hello,

I don't know how much I could go on living this way...I had the biggest revelation the other day that I was eating and drinking myself to death. I don't want to die feeling this way.

I've been overweight my entire life, but the most significant increases happened after a tragedy. My grandmother, the woman who raised me passed away the summer of 2012 and I gained 60lbs in a year. I literally watched my clothes stop fitting me over night. Even though I gained weight, I was generally still okay in my health.

My health started to decline after my wife and I miscarried earlier this year. I can't even walk up the stairs without gasping now. And all I do is sleep..my kidneys are so bad I wake up 3X a night as if I was elderly. I'm only 21!

So, I'm starting a season of focusing on me. I'm going to start counseling soon..and really focus on my health. I don't want to die. Not yet.

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck on your journey.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Way to go Sam!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Here to help any way I can. Sending you a request. You are in the right place. Stay with it and log all your food as well as possible. Please weigh it or use cup/measuring spoons for liquids... plenty of people here will help you so just ask. Happy you found MFP. We'll sort you out :) Sending you a request.
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam,
    I'm gonna send you a PM aswell as a friend request. :)
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You've made the toughest step. Good for you Sam! I've been learning a lot about the ups and downs of weight loss and the power of knowing as much as you can about foods. Ask tons of questions and I'm adding you as a friend.
  • joycemfp8
    joycemfp8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey :) Friend request coming your way!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam-good to meet ya. Feel free to add me (anyone should feel free). And good luck in your journey. Let me know if I can help in any way.
  • shellymoore78
    shellymoore78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    good luck Sam :)