I need advice!

Options
I am currently doing the 30 day shred with jillian michaels. I also walk about 4 km (40 minutes) brisk walking a night. At first i didnt feel like i was getting not enough exercise even though during the day i am always on my feet ( watch kids from my house) and do house hold cleaning everyday.
Last night i decided to go golfing and i walked the 9 holes and carried the clubs.
I woke up this morning did Day 6 level two (legs were not too bad) and now my legs are killing me! I can hardly walk up the stairs. I took last saterday off and I dont know if I should take off another day or how to fix my sore legs.

Do you think I should take a day off at least from the video but still go golfing or walking? Or should i suck it up and keeping going on the video and everything?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    its ok to take a day off. even though you walk and do other things, any change in exercise routine will make you sore at first. your body adapts..and its actually good to change it up. i almost stay in a state of soreness, since i lift and my program is based on weight progression so i'm always changing and challenging myself. for me, if i'm very sore i wont do my normal routine until i'm rested. but if i'm lightly sore, i go ahead. its ok to workout sore. if your goal is weight loss then its fine. and if you lightly walk it may work out the soreness.

unfortunatly there really is nothing you can do to fix soreness...but rest. you can take an anti inflammatory and or apply heat.
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's okay to take a day off if you think you needed. When I started 30 Day Shred, I was pretty sore the first few days and but kept with it and by day 4 of level 1, I believe, the soreness just went away. This may be something you can just work through.
  • snickerpants
    snickerpants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Actually, using the sore muscles will help them get less sore (if that makes any sense) Don't over-do your exercising but do keep walking through the soreness, if it's just because of lactic acid buildup in your muscles then it should get better!