Goal weight? Pictures included.

Options
2»

Replies

• ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    A goal weight should be whatever you're most comfortable at. I'm 5'5.5" and currently 139 but I'm aiming for 125 and 20% body fat or less.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I want to get opinions about what a good goal weight for me would be. It is hard for me to work towards something without having a goal, and I am at a loss for what weight I want to be. I am 5'5" and currently weigh 155.4 lbs. Last year I weighed 164 lbs so I have lost a little bit of weight but am still working on it!

I used to be very athletic (135 lbs was my prime weight) until I broke my back and have become very busy finishing college and job searching. I am starting my career in January and am very excited because I get a free gym membership and will start weightlifting and running again.

Now i know people might say it's up to each person how much their goal weight is, but I am just wondering from other peoples experiences and from how I look. I currently and considered overweight based off of my BMI so I of course want to get into the "normal" range.

Thank you so much in advance!

nd2y0ozl9gax.jpg
    1z1guzkiy046.jpg

THAT body is deemed overweight?! Clearly I am a whale. Are you certain that your scale is calibrated correctly?
  • weightliftinggirl
    weightliftinggirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I love weight lifting but don't have a gym right now! When I lift I do lift kinda like a man. Starting out I can bench 100, squat 225, and dead lift around 325. At first I make gains quickly then it slows down. I can't wait to get into lifting again! It is one of my favorite things!

And yes, it is calibrated correctly. I am the same weight at the doctors.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lol I just got done tidying up haha. Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement, I was not expecting that! I guess I will make my first goal 145 so I get into the healthy range then see what happens and how I feel! I am excited to start weight lifting again (and when I lift I lift heavy). Thank you for all the advice!

So now you have a gorgeous body and a tidy room...all's well with the world :smile:

Enjoy your lifting ...
  • eat_hike_b33r
    eat_hike_b33r Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I think you look great. What everyone else has said, body recomposition should be your focus not the scale.

I agree with this also...
    I am the same height as you and have a small-medium frame and this morning weighed in at 148... but I look about 20-30 pounds heavier than you. So even though I am 'healthy' by BMI, it doesn't really mean anything as my composition isn't where it should be:)
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I think you look great. What everyone else has said, body recomposition should be your focus not the scale.

This

You have a great weight distribution to start with so I would just take measurements to see how you progress.
  • weightliftinggirl
    weightliftinggirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What exactly do people mean when they say think body composition?
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    What exactly do people mean when they say think body composition?

This thread has some good advice, explanations and example pictures. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1385256/advice-for-body-recomposition-ladies/p1
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    +1 for recomp
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Body comp.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You look great now to be fair, I wouldn't look at you and think you need to lose weight at all.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look 100% perfect to me as you are, since you asked for opinions.
  • medusascircle
    medusascircle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great, I don't think you have a lot to lose. Is there some old clothes you love that don't fit anymore? Maybe that could be a goal?