New and Would Love Some MFP Friends!

Options
StepByStepToGoal
StepByStepToGoal Posts: 8 Member
edited December 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!

I am not new to MFP but it has been over a year since I have been on the site. I have restarted today at my highest weight ever (without a baby in my belly). It has been a rough year, my Uncle died leaving me to be the executor of his estate from CA (the house is in MO), my husband lost his job, we had to move, my husbands back went out and he was down and out for 12 weeks, I had to have my gallbladder removed, and I got a new job and so did my hubby (awesome but full of stress). Needless to say I ate my way through 2014 and am now uncomfortable, bloated and feeling SO icky. I am 5ft4 and weigh 220. My goal is to eventually get to 135 but I have been at this rodeo long enough to know that I need to take it one step at a time (thus my member name).

I would love some MFP friends to help me on this journey as I know a support system does help. I used this site before and got down to 180...I know it works!

Best,

StepByStepToGoal

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've had a series of setbacks. I haven't experienced as many as yours, but I do understand the frustration when life gets in the way. I had a lengthy family illness, and then an injury. I'm trying to get myself back to 135. Feel free to send a friend request if you would like.
  • StepByStepToGoal
    Options
    Thanks Ka97, just sent you a request!
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. The more support the better :)
  • StepByStepToGoal
    Options
    Thanks anna_jewel just sent you a request.
  • JasmineSchmidts
    JasmineSchmidts Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me as well, I'd be happy to be part of your support team! :)
  • StepByStepToGoal
    Options
    Thanks Jasmine! Just added you!
  • dln1975
    dln1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your difficult year. I totally understand how life gets in the way and before you even realize it those pounds come right back on. Frustrating, but you've taken that all-important first step towards a healthier you. Feel free to add me as well!
  • StepByStepToGoal
    Options
    Thanks Dln, just sent you a request!
  • StepByStepToGoal
    Options
    Thanks for all the requests thus far!
  • lessofel
    lessofel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello StepByStepTo Goal. Like you, I have tried myfitnesspal before with some success. After getting tired of paying for WW online (for basically the same thing) I am back. Today is my first day. I would be love to support each other if you are interested. I am a 46 year old woman with about 40 pounds to lose. Best of luck to you. lessofel
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back. I'm here everyday. Add me if you like. :)
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    add me also , I know it can be frustrating . I seem to start over again every week...lol
    Logging on here daily is so helpful and exercise . Welcome back .
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a FR, I like to offer support to others, in doing that it helps me stay focused myself.
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. Wow, you & your family have had one heck of a year. Sorry you all had to go thru all that, but glad you are moving forward toward getting yourself better & healthier. And welcome back, let the calorie burning party begin! :)
  • jenniferchew2012
    jenniferchew2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Time to look forward and not back!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm always looking for new, active friends that can help support each other.
  • laurelelee
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We can do this and become healthier selves!
  • samanthafitnesspal002
    Options
    Feel free to add me too - I would love a support system to help me keep me accountable