Looking for Fitness Pals

Options
Hi,

I'm new to the site and looking to create a network. I'm 32, live in NY, and have a long way to go to goal. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember and have tried just about every diet. I've recently gotten fed up and frustrated but I'm going to give this a try.

I'd love to get to know some people going through the same things for the motivation and encouragement. It's always easier with a friend.

Hope to talk to you soon,
Lauren

Replies

• t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    The motivation on this site is AWESOME! Feel free to add me :)
  • meganmac21
    meganmac21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)

6029272.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • StaceyStav25
    Options
    Give this a go! But you need to stick with it.... i find that i always check what i am eating.... before i eat it - so that i know how much it is going to effect my calorie intake for the day. You have to be 100% honest too.... it is the only way that you will get results. Make sure you log everything that you eat, and all the exercise that you do. It takes time, but it soon becomes part of your daily routine....
    Personally, i would always snack on say, a choclate chip cookie, then i started this and actually saw how many calories is in a cookie... Now i have stopped snacking on them, and instead snack on fruit.
    That being said, it is important to have cheat days as well!! Just make sure you factor them in... e.g make sure you work out that day!!!

Good Luck! This really helped me when i was trying to lose weight and tone for my wedding. And i know it has helped alot of my friends too!
  • Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean- WW, atkins, south beach, b12. None of them last. You can add me, I'm sending a request.
  • Ravencjw
    Ravencjw Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi there I haven't been at this site very long either. I am always looking for new friends to join me on my weight loss journey. So please add me...And welcome to the site..I've read some pretty inspiring thoughts on this site it's been pretty helpful...I also like that it helps keep track of my exercise and food intake for the day...It's a pretty cool tool....Cindy
  • gbromage
    gbromage Posts: 9
    Options
    I'll send you good vibes all the way from Australia! Feel free to add me too.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Welcome on board - I've sent the friend request to you - we'd love to help you meet your goals - and would love your help in meeting ours :)
  • norriedawn
    norriedawn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for some pals too. I've been on the site since January and have found it really helpful. It's always good to have friends that help keep you on track. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
    Vicki
  • donnahary03
    Options
    Hi, Im Donna. New to program. I am looking to loose 25 lbs. Need all the help I can get.