Just a little brag!!

Options
Just want to share a funny story! I have been logging for 103 days and lost almost 30lbs, pics to come this weekend! When I started I tried to get my husband to do it with me but he was like no way! He tried to do his own thing and he would come exercise with me but his weight was stuck. After I lost about 20lbs he started randomly asking me how many calories was in different food he was eating! Lol! So I started him an account and told him I would input the numbers for him but he was still like no Im fine but when I got to 25lbs down he finally caved and agreed to let me input his calories on MFP. So we did this for about a week and the weight started melting off! He is now addicted! He is a better logger than I am! Every time he gets on the scale he gives me a big hug and says thank you baby!! Lol! His friends have already started to comment on his weight loss!!! He is over the moon!! I make sure to give him a hard time about it as often as I can! ;)>:)

Replies

• Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    awesome that you can motivate each other! Great loss by the way. Congrats!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    love it!!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    This is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing. Made me smile.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!
  • xtinalee17
    xtinalee17 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is great! Nice to be able to share the journey with
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Annabear3 wrote: »
    awesome that you can motivate each other! Great loss by the way. Congrats!

Thank you!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Great to hear you've had a positive effect on him without being pushy. You're inspiring!
  • sweedee1218
    Options
    Great to hear you've had a positive effect on him without being pushy. You're inspiring!
    Thank you! He hates being pushed! Stubborn as as ox!! So I just told him about the MFP and let the issue rest. Then when he started asking me questions I made the offer but he wasnt ready so I left it alone hoping that my weightloss would motivate him and if finally did!! He tried to talk to me about weightloss before I started MFP and I chewed his head off because I just wasnt ready. So I knew not to try and push it on him. Weight is a very touchy issue so it can be very hard try and help someone.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's great. As I like to say...the proof is in the numbers!! :)
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Cool story!

It's really interesting how educational this whole logging thing can be. My teenager calls it The Diet From Mars, but he's also started to say things like, "Well I don't want to eat too much oily stuff or too much sugar," etc., and now he's going to my gym and is working out to put on muscle. My husband asked me to run the numbers on his lunches (since everything else we eat is the same and he knows it's my weight-loss amount and yet he's not losing!), and he's joined the gym too. He would NEVER log though :smile:

Congrats on your weight loss ... and to your hubby too!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ha ha... I love this! It's nice that you're doing it together :)
  • sweedee1218
    Options
    Cool story!

It's really interesting how educational this whole logging thing can be. My teenager calls it The Diet From Mars, but he's also started to say things like, "Well I don't want to eat too much oily stuff or too much sugar," etc., and now he's going to my gym and is working out to put on muscle. My husband asked me to run the numbers on his lunches (since everything else we eat is the same and he knows it's my weight-loss amount and yet he's not losing!), and he's joined the gym too. He would NEVER log though :smile:

Congrats on your weight loss ... and to your hubby too!

Thank you!!!

• bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This is great!! I love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!