Anyone 200lbs and over? Looking for support

Options
Hi, I currently weigh 239.8lbs, I started losing weight over 2 years ago and was at my heaviest 256lbs. I lost almost 60lbs in a year, but then I fell pregnant and since then I've gained about 40lbs, 29lbs was baby weight but I gained the rest since giving birth 8 months ago, I've been trying but because I'm off work until January I'm not running around like I did resulting in not losing a lot and eating my feelings when I'm struggling to adjust with being a full time mum. I would love to have some friends on here who are in a similar boat without judgement and just be supportive to each other. Thanks, Sarah.

Replies

• dlsands10
    dlsands10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am currently 235.8 lbs. I think my heaviest was around 260 when I got married in 2010. I lost 35 lbs and am now back up. I made a serious decision recently to start eating healthier and cutting out diet soda and processed foods. How do your cabinets and pantry look? Can you cut out poor food choices there to start?
  • Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm at 219 right now, but when I started this journey in July at my heaviest, I was at 284. I still have a ways to go, but it feels great being 65 lbs lighter. I've really just become very diligent about tracking my food and making myself be active. The active part has been hard lately as work and the holiday's have worn me out. And I've slacked a bit on accurately tracking, so I've had to start really motivating myself to get with it. Please feel free to add me.
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Same boat! 232lbs. I started at 260lbs. I gained all my weight after I had my son six years ago! I was a SAHM and was crazy depressed. I weigh more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant with a 10lb baby!! Feel free to add me!!
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I*m in the exact same boat. My son is almost 1 yo and I am just stuck. I do so good for a while then I feel doomed to stay fat. Its really hard having a super skinny husband who doesn't like eating healthy at all. Im 5'8 started at 256 after my sons birth. I lost 20 and am now back up to 240 today :( I want to cry daily and my husband is tired of hearing me b**ch about my weight. I had a gym membership and found it too hard to get a babysitter before or after work to get to the gym. I lifted weights mostly when I lost that 20 now Im thinking with winter and no gym cardio may work best. IDK though. Add me if you would like I love having accountability friends :)
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently at 221 and want to get to 175. My heaviest weight was about 4 weeks ago when I weighed 227. I'm single, work full time and I have a teenage daughter. I understand how hard it is to find the time to exercise with babies or toddlers around. It's also super easy to grab high calorie food when you don't have time to really prepare something healthy. I've found if I can prepare a healthy breakfast or lunch the night before after everyone is in bed I will be more likely to reach for that than a high calorie item. Feel free to add me :)
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 244 now. I started at 260, and it's a slow, but steady challenge. I started working out and losing weight in the beginning of October of this year, and I find as long as I take it step-by-step, I do okay.
  • lilewing123
    Options
    I was 220 when I started last December. You ladies can do it! Just keep going! We all stumble but as long as we get back up that's all that matters. It's a hard long journey but It's totally worth it. I've lost 73 so far and still have around 10 left. I lost 90% of mine with hardly any exercise and I don't work as I'm a stay at home mom. Anyway I just wanted to say good luck and no matter what keep going. You can do it!!
  • sassyclass82
    sassyclass82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im 235 lbs.. i am hoping to lose a total of 50 but for now just to get under 200lbs. Feel free to add me
  • Peque1130
    Peque1130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

We are just about the same weight...and I just re-started yesterday! I have been up and down all my life, and I have PCOS, so that makes it more interesting for me. I have used MFP in the past and it has helped, but for some reason or another, I get comfortable and get into the bad habits again. I have been heavier than this but I will not allow myself to go back to that. I am currently doing this for a few reasons aside from a smaller jean size. I am 33 and would like to start a family sooner than later and I know that losing weight is a big step towards a healthy pregnancy, especially with PCOS. I am also doing this for my own mental health. I have been going through some personal stuff and feel very down on myself. I dont want to hit the point of depression so I might as well take it out on my weight and burn as much of the fat as possible. I havent started any workout routines yet aside from a few challenges I started yesterday (arms, squats and crunches) but I will start back next week with JM 30 Day Shred, I swear by it! Anywho, hello, good luck and we are all here to support and help each other!
  • Strikingly_Jackie
    Strikingly_Jackie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started at 252 on February 2, 2014, and today weighed in at 156.5. I have been there and I am willing to support anyone! It is possible... 90% attitude!

Feel free to add me!
  • maco13
    Options
    I'm 236lbs and my short term goal is to get to 200 lbs. Eventually I want to have a healthy BMI. Last year I weighed 197, but I gained it all back when I got into a long term relationshp. Now, I'm getting back to it. I have felt bad about it, but staying positive and making healthy choices are what I'm trying to focus on.
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm WELL over that :(
  • noychoy
    noychoy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 216 my heaviest in 2010 was 350. I got down to 165 and then had two babies. I am trying to get back down to at least 165 again.
  • meagankrkr
    meagankrkr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Before Thanksgiving I weighed in at 257.x (my heaviest). Today I weighed 246.9 . I have 11 lbs more until I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight. I'd like to eventually get down to around 175. I have a very long way to go, but I am determined this time!! I've had my fair share of "start overs," but not this time! My daughter is 14 months, so I know how hard it is. We just have to DO, DO, DO!
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    201 here, started at 245. I'm doing a slow and steady method, focusing on strength training, so I'm not losing super fast, which I'm ok with. Feel free to add me :)
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I started at 331 and am down to 285. I have a long way to go.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Started back 30 days ago at 259. Have a long way to go and am always looking to add new friends for support and ideas. Feel free to add me!
  • Milvardea
    Options
    At my heaviest, right after I quit smoking and packed on 15 extra pounds, I was 216 pounds. That was about five months ago. I haven't had a cigarette and I am down to 210 in five months. I have a long way to go, but we can do it together! Totally friend me!
  • ovniologo
    ovniologo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    heaviest 250 started in October 2014 with 238 I'm now in 208. I don't want to come back to being heavy I'm tired of being tired. I eat healthy 6 days a week. I have mentally turn food as a fuel for 6 days and enjoyment for 1 day. Ex. Protein Shake-Snack-Lunch=Chicken Vegetables-Snack-workout-Dinner=Fish vegetables/SleepX6 days 1 day anything I want day after cheat 24 hour fasting Water Tea and celery and in case of emergency Protein shake with water. I'm planning to do this as a lifestyle. You can add me and support each other.
  • jenphyde
    jenphyde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 222 right now (down from 265 earlier this year). Feel free to add me:)