New and have 12Ibs to lose

Options
kellyged
kellyged Posts: 8 Member
hi everyone. New to this but have been on the diet for 1 week and keep going over my 1200!! usually only 100-200 but no weight loss. I know i need to be more organise for this to work. Does anyone have any sample meal plans for me to view?

Thanks

Kelly

Replies

• bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friends request. Feel free to take a look at some of my meal plans and welcome!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    What exercise are you doing? Height and weight please? I think thats way too low.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    If you eat more fruits & veggies, whole grains, & lots of fiber.....it will help you stay full longer. Oh....and drink lots of water.
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising and still going over 1200? If not exercising that much try increasing that to counteract the extra calorie intake. Good luck. Wish I only had 12 to lose.LOL:smile:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. You are welcome to look at my diary. When I started I needed to lose 10 pounds. 5 weeks in and I am 7 pounds down, 3 more to go.
  • melonpips
    melonpips Posts: 3
    Options
    My target calories is also 1200 a day, but I really struggle to Net under 1200 on the days I don't do exercise. The more you do the more you can eat, but need to try and stay healthy rather than using the extra calories to eat junk. Eat tons and tons of veg to fill you up and keep everything else small portions.x
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    First off, know that the last 10lbs or so that we want to lose is the hardest to get off. When our bodies are leaner, it is harder to lose weight. Which stinks because you come so far and then struggle with those few pounds. I guess it is better than the first few pounds being harder to lose - or everyone would give up.

That being said.. are you working out? If you are, please make sure you're eating back your exercise calories. Not eating them back - when MFP already adds a deficit when it gives you your calorie goal for the day - will result in starvation mode (which means NO weight loss).

Have you checked the BMR calculator to see what your BMR is? 1200 calories is very low (and actually the minimum they recommend women consume in a day) and you could be eating so little that your body is already going into starvation mode.

Are you drinking enough water? Not drinking enough water will cause water retention (as will foods high in sodium) which means - no weight loss.
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    More Cardio and more water, maybe. you can add me as a friend, there are some good peeps in here with good advise.
  • wisecat1
    wisecat1 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too...just thought I'd say to this group...you all seem very nice!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If you're getting to within 100-200 calories you're doing well! A little tweaking here or there should be easy enough. Have a look at your food diary - what are the high cal items, could you replace them or reduce them?
  • Flocker1979
    Flocker1979 Posts: 96
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm usually pretty close.
  • ccclay
    ccclay Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on here and also have 1200 a day allowence. So far I've had to exercise every day to keep within/below my target- but don't want to be working out everyday! I only want to lose a coupe of pounds! Help!!
  • BookLover10
    Options
    I'm down to the last 15 and need friends!
  • kellyged
    kellyged Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3" and weigh 59kg (9st 3Ib) I run 3 times a week for 4 miles