Weight loss plateau/ another tired WW member

Options
I've been a WW member 2 or 3 times, this last time its been a year. I just do the online. I have lost 11 lbs so far. However I am stuck at 188 lbs, and have been for over 3 + months. I might go up 1 or 2 lbs and then lose it. I have lost some cm on my waist and legs but nothing to right home about. I don't stuff myself, some weeks I'll eat all my points but some I won't. I run 3-4 times a week, and am on week 7 of a 16 week 1/2 marathon training plan. I'm tired of paying $$ when it's not working, but scared to leave. I'm 5'7 and my ultimate goal weight would be 160, but I have been shooting for 180 lbs for a long while, but right now I would be happy to get the scale to move to 186 lbs.
I'm doing both MFP and WW. Scared to leave ww , I keep thinking the weight loss will start again, but it doesn't seem to be working.I like to eat whole foods, and limit my processed foods. I find with WW your cheaper point foods have a lot of artificial sweetners and junk in them.
Any ideas, suggestions... thanks !

Replies

• CrmpetsNTea
    CrmpetsNTea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did WW and the plateau discouraged me so much! I lost 14 lbs and it stayed that way no matter what I did! It was so frustrating so I completely understand! I'm trying this so we'll see what happens when I get to there!
  • mmi783
    mmi783 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone :)
  • LettingTheSmallStuffGo
    Options
    I never lost weight on weight watchers. I don't know what the deal was but I always felt like it was too many points and probably that in combination with me making mistakes was just a disaster!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Could it be to that your half marathon training is stalling your weightloss. i have read many times over that it does.
  • sdavies1984
    sdavies1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Does WW still consider fruits and vegetables 0 points?
  • kmjruth
    kmjruth Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I did WW twice, first time with co-workers and I lost 18lbs...but when the program ended the weight came back. Tried to the do online program by myself...it bored me so I stopped. Been doing MFP and daily workouts (at minimum 30 mins/day) and limiting my diet to the calories set on here. I've lost 58lbs since May and it's coming off the right way. I find this plan better than WW as I'm learning how to build my own diet and not rely on their point system. Also, with your marathon training are you doing any weight training? I think that is what is making a big difference with me this time as well.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I did WW once before and lost 30lbs, I loved it! I started doing it again in September, but found that I wasn't really sticking to my diet plan and was therefore wasting my money. I guess I wasn't really serious about weightloss a few months ago. I got on MFP and like it a lot better for a couple reasons. It's free (so if you fall off the wagon you're not out any money), I like community forums better and it's essentially the same thing as WW.

Quit WW and start doing MFP. If you don't like MFP you can always go back to WW.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    If you're tired of WW, as your title says, the obvious answer would be to try MFP for a while, see what happens.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i was on WW for many years. i dunno WW always felt like so much work. i find MFP a bit more effortless.
  • mmi783
    Options
    Does WW still consider fruits and vegetables 0 points?
    yes most fuits and vegs are 0 pts

• mmi783
    Options
    [. Also, with your marathon training are you doing any weight training? I think that is what is making a big difference with me this time as well.[/quote]
    I haven't done any, I've been looking at incorporating some , I've been putting it off till I get my Christmas stuff done and I can concentrate on it.

• mmi783
    Options
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    Could it be to that your half marathon training is stalling your weightloss. i have read many times over that it does.
    Never heard that, interesting, any special reasoning behind it ?
  • ralph124c41
    ralph124c41 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that the financial plan for Weight Watchers encourages you to feel that weight loss is episodic. Lose the weight and you're done.
    It doesn't work like that. Weight loss and fitness are life style changes that have to be forever if they're going to work.
    That's where I think the logging available here will help me. I know I need to be aware of what I eat and I am amazed at all the little places calories seem to leak into my diet.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    As far as I understand it there is nothing special in WW its just a charade where they impose a fancy system, but is in fact more or less a calorie controlled diet and they try to make money from classes and products. Some people find the rl support and other members makes a difference. WW is just designed so more often than not you will create a default deficit. MFP is a more honest and accurate method to create a deficit through eating less or burning more than you consume.

If its not working for you, then commit to MFP and learn how to create and manage a real deficit,which if done properly will give you the weight loss you dont seem able to achieve under WW.