Any skinny party girls out there?

Options
So took a break from my "life" to lose weight. Just reached a healthy BMI, and want to keep going. But after a recent break up I have found myself reverting ro old habits. Not the over eating. And definately keeping up with the exercise. Still able to run six plus miles a day. But drinking and smoking again. So anyone have experience with living the party lifestyle and maintaining a sexy bod?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    lol
  • jaia07
    jaia07 Posts: 22
    Options
    I like to go out and have drinks and smoke socially... but I find the day after drinking is alway a write off, so I'm trying to stick with a more healthy lifestyle. I used to drink every day and smoke a pack a day. I worry how much damage I've done to my body after years of that.
  • Franticantics
    Franticantics Posts: 117
    Options
    Hmm well I just decide not to drink, and smoke instead,but then nicotine affects mw more than alcohol anyway!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm not female, but the ones I know [biblically] that party, maintain themselves. And they wild out. :bigsmile:
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Lol, have found the mornings after heavy partying, I am actually down. But think it is just dehydration, as it tends to even back out. So far the trend is still down, bit the running sucks. Best was when I was at the bar, and decided I needed to run. Seven miles drunk, lots of fun.

Think I am going to need to find a a balance.
    I like to go out and have drinks and smoke socially... but I find the day after drinking is alway a write off, so I'm trying to stick with a more healthy lifestyle. I used to drink every day and smoke a pack a day. I worry how much damage I've done to my body after years of that.
  • monkeyboy881
    monkeyboy881 Posts: 287
    Options
    i like skinny sexy party chicks bump bump :love:
  • corsayre8
    Options
    Hmm well I just decide not to drink, and smoke instead,but then nicotine affects mw more than alcohol anyway!

I only smoke when I drink. Except I have been drinking most everyday. ;-)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    so you can only be skinny to party....or only want to party with skinny girls...:drinker:
  • corsayre8
    Options
    so you can only be skinny to party....or only want to party with skinny girls...:drinker:

Umm, don't think I said that. Just personally want be able to party and be skinny.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) i can drink with the best of them. The smoking kills me though. its so bad for the lungs, just can't do it. I will drink a fair amount on the weekends (ok, ok, some weeknights too) But i love to dance alot, as well as living in a big city, i have to walk to the bar, and back. It's exercise, only its way more fun, booze-fueled exercise.

I have one major rule though- i vow never to eat a bite once i start drinking. No good will ever come from this! party on! :)
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    The key is to power through the next day and stick with your diet/exercise. I find that partying cancels itself out (dancing all night burns the alcohol consumed). Also try to make your drink of choice something light (I prefer a gin & tonic with lime...my sis drinks shots only). Stay REALLY hydrated, even while partying (one water to one drink ratio).

It can be done. Everyone I know does it.

ETA -- you also have to be careful to not eat drunk-food (e.g. Taco truck outside the bar after closing) or hang-over food (e.g. a chorizo and egg breakfast burrito to settle your stomach).
  • corsayre8
    Options
    Lucky for me I live in a small town, any place to eat is closed by nine.

Vodka soda with a splash of cran is my drink these days, and do good on the water :-)

Thanks for the advice!