C25K

Options
I'm looking for friends that are doing this program, or have done it.
I just started it today and would like to kind of compare notes with people who are doing it and kind of be like a small motivation group.
:)

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking.
    Doing Day 3 tonight.
    :)
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Lol I've been slacking too. I bought this program probably 2-3 months ago and just started :p
    Hope day 3 goes well!
  • fatmamaruns
    fatmamaruns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did W3D3 today. I'm loving this program so far. I'm signed up to do a 5K on June 4 so I'm fully committed!
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    I'm on day 2! Definitely love it already!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, you 'bought' this program? It is a guide on a website as far as I know. It is totally free to read the instructions and go outside and follow them.

I'm just ultra curious and hoping that you didn't get ripped off somehow :(

I am on W3D3 but am taking a break. I am not doing well jogging for a long time all at once :(
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I completed C25K and now I'm working on an 8K program!
  • rebelontherun
    Options
    I bought it for like 3 bucks in the app store for my iPhone. That way it plays on my phone as I'm doing the program and lets me know when to run/walk, etc
  • jessie_03_17
    jessie_03_17 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just did week one, day one tonight. Didn't go as well as I had hoped but I am going to keep working at it. Good luck to everyone here that is doing the program! :smile:
  • RMX983
    RMX983 Posts: 34
    Options
    Keep with it girls, it will certainly make you into runners.

I couldn't run more than half a mile straight when I started the program on February 7th. Now, 20 lbs lighter, graduated from the program, I can run a full 5k without any walking.

Before the program, I did a test 5k, just to see how fast I could walk/run one, and got 40 minutes. My best now is 33. So I went from half a mile of running at a time to a full 5k and shed 7 minutes off my time.

Good stuff. Stick with it.
  • funsover
    funsover Posts: 39
    Options
    I am doing W8D2 tomorrow. I never thought I could get to week 3 much less week 8. Incredible program.
  • mjawesome
    mjawesome Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am on W3d1 and I'm loving it so far. I dl the audio from runningintoshape.com
  • janruffin
    janruffin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am on W2D1....
    So far, so good.
    Downloaded mp3's with music and someone telling you when you walk and run.... it's just perfect for me.

Hope to work up to a 5K this summer. Ran/walked 2 last fall but couldn't run the whole 5K. Hopefully this will train me to run the whole way without pooping out.
    :laugh:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i just did W2D1 today. I love it.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Ah, ok! I am not technologically advanced, and these so called cell phones are far beyond my grasp of understanding :wink:
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday :) I'm a little behind, as it's really hard to jog for a whole minute after only walking 90seconds inbetween
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    I started a while ago...and then made to through week 2 and got sick and haven't done it again. Should probably start up again.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I did C25K last fall and getting ready to run my first 5 Miler race this Saturday, great program! Let me know if I can help you with anything!
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I made it through pretty well, but I've been working on the elliptical for a solid 4 months so I've built at least some strength in my legs.
  • rebelontherun
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I'd love to talk to all of you so shoot me a message anytime you want :)
    @sunsetwest it's always good to have built up endurance for cardio!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I started last week and repeating week 1 starting tomorrow.I was still struggling even after I after a fourth day to week 1.I just bought the Iphone app too. I like that it plays music from your playlist and the voice prompts make it easier to get through.