Recipes for the Workaholic

Options
Katie_Norton
Katie_Norton Posts: 26 Member
Aloha! I'm looking for some new recipes for the workaholic ... crockpot or things that I can prep on Sunday and Wednesday for the week. I finally gave in and bought the 6-pack lunchbag thing and I'm ready to take on the days. Normally, I just bring in leftovers from the night before, but I never know what we will have because I'm married to a midnight muncher! I work roughly 11-13 hours a day -- 10 on good ones, so I would be packing 4-5 meals/snacks.

Salad
steamed veggies
fruit

Dislike:
Quinoa (tried many ways - can't do it)
Kale
Sweat Potatoes

Thank you for your help!
Katie

Replies

• Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Simple Leek and potatoe soup - Cut up one large potatoe and leek
    Saute onions in oil or butter and add the veg.
    Add about 2 to 3 and a half cups of hot water with chicken stock cube and boil veg until cooked. - you might need to add more water or mabye slighty less go with your instinct.

Once cooked make sure you boil out any extra water and leave veg chunky

add pepper

This is really quick, easy and tasty to make
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    In a wholegrain wrap add

First spread with something cheese spread - Dairylea
    then add
    Raw spinach, Tomaotes, Cucumber and chicken

You can add a bit of mayo or coeslaw for taste.

Roll into a wrap and cover in kitchen foil.

another simple, quick and tasty recipe
  • Katie_Norton
    Options
    Thank you! They both sound yummy!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    What is a six pack lunch bag thingy?

Slow cooker meals come to mind. These are family tested:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-beef-curry-stew-for-the-slow-cooker/ (I would add three TBSP flour to the beef onion and spices, stir, then add the tomato.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lauras-quick-slow-cooker-turkey-chili/detail.aspx

This baked spaghetti squash and kale gratin is nice, and I bet it would slice up nice for lunches.
    http://askgeorgie.com/spaghetti-squash-and-kale-gratin/

When I was in a super-organizer mood I would cook a roast (Chicken, Beef, Pork) on Sunday, and then divvy up the leftovers for sandwiches, wraps, slow cooker meals, etc. through the week.
  • Katie_Norton
    Options
    Thank you! It's a bag that holds a lot of food and keeps it all organized! I'll look at these for sure!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's a bag that holds a lot of food and keeps it all organized! I'll look at these for sure!

I love my 6 pack bags! I have three. My rule has been if it doesn't come in my bag it doesn't go in my mouth. So far it's working.

As far as food goes I'm pretty simple. I just make a bunch of proteins on Sunday and lately I've been doing salad and fruit and I make my own protein bars. My carb is usually rice or a sweet potato.

• Katie_Norton
    Options
    That is a good rule! I think it will be mine, too! Rice would be perfect with some of the stews! Yum, thanks!