Get Back on the Wagon

Options
I've been wanting to lose weight for as long as I can remember. I'm almost 5 foot 3. My highest weight was 148 and today I was 143. I'm ready to get back into it but I need help. Please comment any support and motivation (:

Replies

• Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The good news is, you don't have that much weight to lose. I have similar stats. Lifting weights has done wonderful things for me because I love to do it.

Find something that you love and go with it. Set a reasonable weight loss goal (.5lb-1lb a week) so that you can still enjoy the foods you love without being too restrictive.

Best of luck to you.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    forget the wagon.

just do the thing... don't worry about" falling off" or staying on. That's not a good road to travel.

Pick you're goal- pick your path to the goal- and follow it. If you trip up and fall so be it- but don't worry about your wagon of motivation- it's a bad metaphor.
  • autopilot_off
    autopilot_off Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    forget the wagon.

just do the thing... don't worry about" falling off" or staying on. That's not a good road to travel.

Pick you're goal- pick your path to the goal- and follow it. If you trip up and fall so be it- but don't worry about your wagon of motivation- it's a bad metaphor.

^^ Agreed. Messing up is part of the journey. You only fail when you stop trying.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    god- I just re-read that.
    - I can't believe I messed up you're right next to the correct use of your. WTF is wrong with me.
  • autopilot_off
    autopilot_off Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    - I can't believe I messed up you're right next to the correct use of your. WTF is wrong with me.

Nothing is wrong with you. If you HADN'T noticed, well...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You're the same height as me and I started at the same weight a few months ago. Actually, at your age I was about the same weight, too, but I dropped 20 pounds my first year in college... the effect of lots of walking and no $$. :smile: Hopefully, you'll have 30 years on me in learning how to lose weight the right way.

I almost feel like I'm talking to my 18 year old self here, so bear with me. Right now, what you need more than support or motivation is knowledge. Learn the mechanics of weight loss and living in a healthy manner. Get moving and stay moving. Start strength training as soon as possible. It will help you to maintain the muscle you already have and ensure that most of your weight loss is fat and water, not muscle. Exercise really is the key to a long and healthy life.

At the top of each section of the forums are posts with the word "Announcement" on them. Read them. They have some of the best information for using MFP the right way and getting started down the right road to a healthy weight.

Good luck and god speed!

• 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    The good news is, you don't have that much weight to lose. I have similar stats. Lifting weights has done wonderful things for me because I love to do it.

Find something that you love and go with it. Set a reasonable weight loss goal (.5lb-1lb a week) so that you can still enjoy the foods you love without being too restrictive.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you! My goal is about 125 (:
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options

Haha