Daily weight loss routine?

Options
Hi, I was wondering if there's a routine I can follow in order to lose weight? I'm tired of gaining weight. I want to reach 125 LBs (I am a 5'4'' male that weighs 145 lb with a BF% of 18)

Replies

• jco03
    jco03 Posts: 14
    Options
    jco03 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if there's a routine I can follow in order to lose weight? I'm tired of gaining weight. I want to reach 125 LBs (I am a 5'4'' male that weighs 145 lb with a BF% of 18)

Forgot to mention that I want a low BF% to cut afterwards
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit equals weight loss. Lift weights to ensure you retain as much muscle mass as possible.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Every day eat fewer calories than you burn.

That's my routine :) not sure what you're looking for.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Caloric deficit equals weight loss. Lift weights to ensure you retain as much muscle mass as possible.

plus eat enough protein.

Voila, daily routine.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wake up, eat at a deficit, go to sleep.

That's it. No magical routine necessary.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat in a calorie deficit every day …

that is all.

end thread/
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Not saying there aren't guys who are short, but at 5'4" how old are you? Especially since the profile is marked at 18... If you are still growing, you should talk to your do for about nutritional requirements, not strangers online.
  • Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit with a sensible diet and some exercise. Keep sugar down, fibre, protein and fat reasonably high and try not to drink your calories where possible.
  • jabarih
    jabarih Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea all day. I have about 3 300 calorie meals during the day while I'm at work. After work, I'll go to the gym and run about 1-2 miles depending on how intense I want it (shorter distance/more intensity), then I play basketball for about 30-60 minutes. I go home and eat a reasonable meal, try to keep it under 400 calories, and have a beer then go to bed. That is the routine for the week. Still working on one for the weekends. But I've lost 20 pounds on this routine. :) Hope it helps.
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will keep it short! If you are young or old now is the time to learn how to be healthy. If you do that you will lose the weight and body fat plus keep it off for the rest of your life. A quick diet feels good but what do you do to maintain your weight and body fat after your reach your goal? The only answer is to understand and practice the basic principals of good health which are: Sleep, nutritious food, exercise, mental rest and water. You can reach your goal by eating less calories than your body requires but the question again is how will you maintain what you have achieved.

The best to you on your journey using MFP
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    cwlsr wrote: »
    I will keep it short! If you are young or old now is the time to learn how to be healthy. If you do that you will lose the weight and body fat plus keep it off for the rest of your life. A quick diet feels good but what do you do to maintain your weight and body fat after your reach your goal? The only answer is to understand and practice the basic principals of good health which are: Sleep, nutritious food, exercise, mental rest and water. You can reach your goal by eating less calories than your body requires but the question again is how will you maintain what you have achieved.

The best to you on your journey using MFP

This. Simply eating in a caloric deficit will help you lose weight, but it should be about the long run too.
  • Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you can afford it, but a vivofit or activity watch and use that for an accurate general calorie burn, also use a heart rate monitor with it to measure running, gym or whatever you may do for exercise.