Who has after C-Section stomach loss success stories?

Options

Replies

• Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!~ (2)sections here,... 7 & 4 yrs ago. With losing weight, in my experience, it did help with the fat "shelf" above the scar. I'm not sure which is worse for me now~ the fat above the scar, or the fat that's trapped under it on top of my pubic bone:(~ it's disgusting, i HATE it, and i want it GONE!!! LOL I always said if i was to get any kind of plastic surgery it would def be a tummy tuck!
  • PositiveMummy
    Options
    I had my first daughter by emerg c section and also have 'the smile' - I agree its not nice to look at but its not awful and I just think of it as a reminder of the wonderful night that I met my beautiful little girl - its not like I'm gonna wander around outside with it all on show, so the only other person who sees it is my partner, who doesnt see it as gross or ugly at all! So i dont worry too much about the 'hanginess', just wanna get as much fat off my belly as poss and be healthy :-)
  • KTNemo
    KTNemo Posts: 100
    Options
    I had an emergency c/s two years ago, and although my "pooch" isn't all the way gone, it has gone down significantly. I have only lost 17 of my 40 lbs, and I think that once I lose the rest of this weight, it will be almost unnoticable. I workout a lot though, and I do exercise that are heavy on keeping your your core muscles tight for balance. I also do a seperate ab workout 2-3 times/week.

I didn't have the numbness that so many people talk about for very long at all. It went away two months post op. I hope yours eventually goes away.
  • jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What was the coat of the tummy tuck? I am probably going to have to start saving now :)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I carried twins who were born 5 weeks early (via c-section) with some health issues. One of them was so serious he has to be transferred to a level 4 neonatal unit. So, when I was discharged I was doing all of the things I shouldn't have been doing. Stairs, walking long distances, driving. etc. My incision opened up 12 days post delivery. I had already started to heal, so the only thing they could do for me, was pack the wound and try to avoid infection. Now, I have what looks like a second belly button, in my incision scar. Gross!

Plus, I have a fat pocket above that incision as I think many women also seem to have. My hope is to reach my goal weight and then see a plastic surgeon. That is one of the things that keeps me motivated.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I have lost 50lbs and had 2 csections. I too have the skin flap over my scar, but my stomach is flat and is getting toner and toner as I do insanity...I doubt the pouch will ever go away though.

My stomach looks 10000x better since I've lost the weight though, and I still have another 10lbs to go so I think that will make a big difference.

My incision is still numb and my csections are 10 and 6 years old lol
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had one C-section 3.5 years ago... Here are some pic of my stomach. Hope they are big enough. I still have a bit to get rid of but I still have faith!I also have horrible stretch marks and my belly button popped out and stayed that way :sad: :ohwell:

me.jpg

me2.jpg
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think I am a success! Mind you I started a decent exercise program when my baby was about 3 months old, stroller classes that you can take baby to are great! I also have the numbness and I'm not sure that ever goes away. Also when I get hot my scar gets super itchy! I remember reading something about thing's you can do to your scar during the recovery period to minimize the appearance of them. Perhaps try looking into this if you end up having another c-section, it was something about pinching the skin. Planks are an awesome way to help improvethe tone of your entire core. There are also lots of exercises that can be done with an exercise ball. Keep the faith alive because I am actually pretty proud of my almost 3 year post c-section belly!
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    I'm very interested in everyone's responses.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    HI ladies. I also had a c section, some 9 years ago now and can definitely relate to the flabby issue! however i can report that after sheer persistence i have lost it.

I posted this a week or so ago, with pics

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/226085-30-day-shred-results-so-far-couple-of-pics
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections. I'm not numb and my scar is pretty low. I'm currently doing cardio to shed calories and strength training to shed the fat. Unfortunately you can't spot train so killing your abs isn't going to work. You can have tight muscles but under a lot of flab no one will see them.

Loving the success pictures. Hopefully I will be amongst you.
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    i dont have a success story my self but two of my friends who had c-sections went right back down to pretty much their normal size after the baby. they have a scar nd a little extra skin bt it isnt horrible to look at. lol. my one friend calls it her battle wound. hahaa. :):)
  • oxokatieoxo
    oxokatieoxo Posts: 49
    Options
    if your feeling hasent come back around your scar already its probably likely you wont get it back, mine came back after about 2yrs...also my tummy is starting to look better now than before pregnancy, i dont train my abs often but i enjoy core wrkouts like pilates and pole dancing that will sort your tummy out i promise! :)
  • MrsGaff
    MrsGaff Posts: 42
    Options
    Ive had 2 c-sections but three surgeries - My first section was 2 years ago, and I was in recovery when they realised I was bleeding internally so had to go back to theatre to be re-opened up. My second c-section was 7 months ago.

My stomach is pretty much proportioned and the more weight I lose the less 'poochy' I am and it appears to be flattening out.

I have a couple of pics on my profile but theyre not great. I stil have no feeling/numbness and some painful bits around my scar but it is what it is! Im not really bothered about it.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c sections, 16 years ago and then again 7 years ago. The scar area is numb and there is that bulge of fat. I have friends who had sections also. They are plagued by the same. Yet another way we woman "suffer"!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    OK so I'm mildly spoiled medically since my uncle is a prominent OBGYN, and is involved in a lot of surgery research

C-section closures have changed a lot in the last 5 years. If you were lucky enough to have the latest cut (very low, below hip bones, mine is at the top of my "crotch" so unless you see me naked you'll never see it) and the latest closure method (completly internal stitches including for the outer skin layer) you will most likely regain sensation and can get rid of the pooch easily. My uncle suspects My OBGYN did this closure on me, despite staples still being popular for overweight patients, because I had him monitoring my case/pregnancy. But my OBGYN was personally dissapointed that when my stomach "deflated" my scar is 1/4in off center, she is a great DR.

If you have not regained sensation within 18 months its highly unlikely you'll ever have full sensation.

You can get rid of the pooch but you have to be using multiple abdominal strength training excercises LONG before you loose enough fat to see the results. This includes your lower back muscles because those are especially interconnected with the abdominal muscles.

Sadly though he will admit 90% of c-section patients end up needing a tummy tuck even for just minor extra skin flab around the scar
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So I don't have any kids, but my mom has had 7 and all were c-sections. She ended up getting a tummy tuck a few years back because she got fed up with it. She would diet and her "pooch" wouldn't go away. I can understand her frustration. She had all of her kids by the time she was 24 so she never really felt good about her figure in her adult life. She isn't overweight or anything. The doctors said that the whole "pooch" was scar tissue that built up on itself after every c-section. I don't know if they do anything different now days to prevent it. I would just recommend making sure you really want the tummy tuck before you get it. I had to take care of my mom for weeks afterwards and she was really miserable. She couldn't move well and any sudden movements would cause bleeding for ~6 weeks after the surgery. Not to mention the drain tubes... She is happy she did it though. My experiance taking care of her would really make me think twice before doing something like that.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    If you type in C section workout on Amazon, there IS a workout that's for C section moms by Jennifer Gianni. She's had two C-sections and looks AMAZING. I'll be going in for my 4th C section in about a month, and have ordered the dvd for afterwards. Hope it works!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I have had 4 c-sections, the last one 8.5 months ago. I found that even when I got down within my goal range and felt good, I still have some extra flab right above the c-section line. I feel like after 4 of them, it will probably stay there unless I get a tummy tuck, which maybe. LOL I would suggest working your core muscles a lot. That really helps pull in all the stomach muscles. You can do a lot of plank ab work and I found that helps since it draws the stomach in.

I hope this helps. Lord knows I am trying to get this tummy down from my last and final baby!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!