Snack Time

Doing_me
Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Help MFP family,

So I find it very difficult to find the right snacks for "in between meals" especially when I'm at work in my office. I started with fruits but noticed that they eat up my sugar and carbs for the day. Now I switched to almonds, which don't seem to fill me up, are not even that yummie and have waaaaay too much fat. I already browsed through some of the diaries but my options are kinda limited, since I live in Qatar in the middle east and the shopping here is not quite like shopping in the US or in Europe... help... :ohwell:

Replies

• katem78
    katem78 Posts: 101 Member
    Hello,

first of all i think that almonds are good for you... suggested for those who are on a diet. I do eat them often but as you said they are not enough (i have to eat too many to feel happy about it)
    so my snacks are ( i have 2 snacks after breakfast and before lunch because my lunch time is at 4)

1 slice of rye bread+20gr chicken breast+100gr apple
    or
    1 egg whtie+100gr lettuce
    or
    a fitness bar ( that' not enough for me) but since you are in an office you need something easy and clean
    or
    1 slice of rye bread+2 slices of turkey+1 slice of low fat cheese+some vegetable (lettuce or tomato or cucumber)+small glass of fresh orange juice.

depending on your diet... how many calories you want to have ...etc.
    i do a low calorie diet... but since i eat every 2.5-3 hours i feel full with the above ideas

hope this helped

good luck
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    I love cooked chickpeas as a snack. I've heard they're amazing roasted, too. What about raw veggies?
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Can you mix things together.

i.e I use a delivery service called Graze (anyone else in the UK reading this can get a totally free box, and 2nd box half price if you use the following code on www.graze.com - XKW5ND3)

Here are some ideas - the fruits and nuts are mixed together:

salsa corn sticks, baked herb bites and cheese cashews
    green raisins, jumbo raisins and dark chocolate coated apricots
    cranberries, dark chocolate buttons and pumpkin seeds
    banana coins, strawberries and white chocolate buttons
    banana coins, cashew nuts and milk chocolate covered puffed rice
    banana coins, pecan nuts, fudge pieces and almond slices

Above are just some ideas. They are all mixed together in say 100g portions, but wouldnt be too difficult to make them up if you can find the ingredients - yummy and a bit different!
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Thx you guys! Raw veggies sound good however my lunch usually consists of salad and I am afraid if I overdo it I will just get sick of it.

Chicken, turkey and fruits & nuts sound good...or maybe veggie juice.... I will try and let you know how it goes! :)
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    canned chicken is good as its high in protein low in fat and reasonably low in sodium and very filling
This discussion has been closed.