30 pounds gone... before & after pictures

Options
hannahrichins
hannahrichins Posts: 26
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
I lost 30 pounds in 7 months by eating better and exercising. I still ate ice cream almost every night (I just can't help it!) but I've taken out most processed foods, added whole grains, fruits, veggies, and of course moving and being active every day helped!

It feels SO good to be at a healthy weight. Moderation is KEY and I've never felt better!

5'4
SW: 152
CW: 122

beforeandafter.jpg

Replies

• Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream almost every night, too!! I just measure it now :D You look fantastic... congrats!!
  • hannahrichins
    Options
    That's what I love about MFP! It teaches you moderation instead of just completely eliminating your favorite foods :) Thanks so much!!
  • Rockerbabe131
    Rockerbabe131 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! :D
  • fkermes
    fkermes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Christine_1027
    Options
    great job!
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! GOod Job!!!!!
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Did you do exercise? If so what exrcises?Ur stomach looks so toned. Congrats!
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • RubenAHarris
    RubenAHarris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great work. Would also like to hear about your exercise routine. My wife is on a similar path. Thx.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hello there! B)
  • salves90
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds in 7 months by eating better and exercising. I still ate ice cream almost every night (I just can't help it!) but I've taken out most processed foods, added whole grains, fruits, veggies, and of course moving and being active every day helped!

It feels SO good to be at a healthy weight. Moderation is KEY and I've never felt better!

5'4
    SW: 152
    CW: 122

beforeandafter.jpg

Hi! Congratulations! you look great! There's a difference even in your face.
    I am hoping to lose 30 pounds in 6.5 months so you what you achieved is what I hope to achieve and you are such an inspiration!

• ChrissiesWorld
    Options
    Wow, you look great. Good job on all your hard work and deication.
  • scupit
    scupit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • salves90
    Options
    I have a question of a practical nature. Do yours old clothes fit you or did you have to buy an entire new wardrobe? Or something in between like maybe you were able to keep your dresses and tops?
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well done, you've done great! I'm not an ice cream fan but I have a small amount of chocolate every day and agree with you 100% :)
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job! I have the same addiction to ice cream you do. Mine is oreo ice cream... Yum. I bounce between 180 and 190 now, when I get up over 190 I stop eating it until I am back down to 180 then repeat. hahahah

Great job, you look awesome!

Mark
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look fantastic!
  • fdfallie
    fdfallie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! My stats are the same as yours so it's motivational to see it can be done. Thanks for sharing
  • hannahrichins
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!! :D You all just made my day! It's definitely scary posting pictures, especially because when I took my "before" I didn't really know it was going to be my before picture (or else I would've put more clothes on! ha!) I wasn't planning on anyone ever seeing that picture but ME! :)

As for my exercise routine, I don't have a gym membership or any home equipment (other than dumbbells) so I just work out using online youtube videos! I do a lot of HIIT and strength training mixed with some pilates and kickboxing. I like to switch things up, but try to do at least one day a week of arms, one day of legs, and one day of abs all mixed in with cardio! I workout 5-6 times a week from 30-60 minutes. Now that I'm maintaining my weight it's more like 5 times a week for 30 minutes and a daily 40 minute walk with my husband.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!