Different Allowances for the same Exercise.

Options
Hello folks, hope someone can explain this to me. On Monday and Tuesday I did 30 minutes of Tai Chi and was awarded between 500-600 Kj for the 30 minutes. But this morning when I entered the same exercise and duration I was awarded on 145 Kj...What the...? Can someone explain why this might be the case?

Replies

• Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that the first measurement was in kJ (kilojoules), and the second was in calories? 600 kJ is equivalent to about 145 calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You have weight loss set to lbs now, so as above, are you sure that wasn't 145 calories today?

But you changed from metric to US after your logging of 600 Kj prior days?
  • diannehunt944
    diannehunt944 Posts: 11 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I set it all for Metric when I first joined and haven't changed that. Just checked everything and it's Kj and kilos and grams all the way.
    And checked the numbers again
    Monday Tai chi 35mins 695kj
    Tuesday Tai Chi 30mins 594kj
    Wednesday Tai Chi 30mins 141kj

I can't understand this :(
  • diannehunt944
    Options
    I went back to my Exercise Diary and re-input the 30mins Tai Chi and low and behold, this afternoon it has awarded me 586 Kjs. So I just deleted the 141kj entry, problem solved. Must have been some strange glitch.

Thanks for your replies folks :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I think I have observed that, but usually notice after entering minutes the calories don't change to near what I expect them to be.
    So I change the minutes to something else, and then back to desired again to fix.

Also, MFP must have switched the goal line/amounts to what the viewer has as settings, because you are at 2 lbs down, and 12 lbs to go. But I know I've seen kg displays in the past.
  • diannehunt944
    Options
    Hmm, musr be the code-monkeys doing it...lol