Freezer Meals

Options
I make a lot of freezer meals, because I work full time and go to school full time. Most of my meals are from The Pioneer Women, but looking for stuff that is a bit more balanced and healthy rather than mostly carbs. Does anyone have any great recipes that can be prepared then frozen for a while?

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    You could freeze meat with the marinade, so then you just thaw it out, drain, and cook. I tend to freeze leftovers rather than complete meals, to make it easy to grab something for lunch.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has some great recipes. I've done a few of her crockpot recipes and then freeze in single serving containers.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Chili! There's all types you can make. We make a lot of chili around here and freeze it. If you have a Pinterest account there's a ton of recipes.
  • pammyspice
    pammyspice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree, Pinterest is a must for recipes and ideas :-)
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Anything with mince! You can do chilli, bolognese, burgers (or mini ones for lunches).

I recently discovered that freezing rice is a thing too if you want to put together lunches to take to school.

You can make various soups and freeze them too :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Anything I make in the Crock Pot, eg soups, stews, chilli, curries, casserole. I freeze in individual portions then defrost/cook as required. Sometimes I will boil up some rice/pasta or cook a jacket potato to make a larger meal but it's still a simple mid-week dinner.