How much to you allow your weight to go up?

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The fluctuations for me have to do with salt. I know when I have had too much salt. Drinking alcohol for me will show up as weight gain and water weight gain. My body seams want to store it or at least hold on to it until I get my calories, water intake and sodium back down to normal.

For example I drank alcohol over thanksgiving, and the calorie count was weight gain. Also alcohol cause dehydration, your body wants to hold on to every once of water!

Drink a lot of water, get back to your daily goal and it will be ok at the end of the week or next time you weigh in if that is weekly or bi weekly or ???
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My goal weight has a 5lb range, at which I try to stay a pound or so above the bottom. So I stop at the top of my range, which ends up being about 4lb.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends if you include the PMS weight gain. But for me my comparison point is about a week after my period ends, and I'm not planning on letting it creep up more than 2 pounds from there, honestly (which makes 5-6 total if you include the monthly water weight). Heck... even one. If I see the scale go up at all, I'll just eat a little less that month if I can.
  • AgnesXNitt
    Options
    When I started maintainence in June 2013 I intended to keep between 12st 2lbs and 12st 7lbs but I've been sitting just under 12st since middle of June this year and I don't intend going up to more than 12st 2lbs now. I didn't have a goal in mind when my weight loss began, so sought medical opinion, and my Doctor and practise Nurses said I should sit between the 12.2 and 12.7 point. I'm 5' 11" so I though I would like to see if I could get down to 11 stone flat I don't think I ever could do! Happy to be sitting at the weight I am thank you!
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I try to hover below my goal weight a little bit, as I'm most comfortable with that approach. I hit 130 in August, and have been hovering in the 127-128 range since, with a few forays into 129. Once I hit 131, but it dropped right back down with my regular maintenance eating. Didn't need to cut calories.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My weight hardly fluctuates at all, compared to what I read others reporting. So, I maintain between 9st 4lb and 9st 6. I weigh in every morning and if I'm above 9st 6lb (ie every Sunday morning) I eat at a bit of a deficit that day.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    5# fluctuation. I would like to be 125#, but my body likes 130 and it is really a struggle to stay under 130#. I have gone up as high as 135#, but I monitor myself diligently. I do record everything I eat and drink daily as I tend to gain very easily. It is just the way it is for me.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    5# fluctuation. I would like to be 125#, but my body likes 130 and it is really a struggle to stay under 130#. I have gone up as high as 135#, but I monitor myself diligently. I do record everything I eat and drink daily as I tend to gain very easily. It is just the way it is for me.

hey same HERE!.. i just never get to 125.. lol.. i am always between 131-135 which is fine... the struggle to be 125 keeps me at a good head space to maintain under 135
  • Rien5
    Rien5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Three pounds flex range. I'm 5'0 so my range is from 95-98. My weight doesn't fluctuate so it's pretty easy for me to stay right in the middle of that.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    My goal was originally 135, but I ended up a bit below it and liked it, so I'm trying for 132.5 as an average. Basically, anything between 130 and 135 is fine, though if I see I'm at the higher end of the range for a while, I'll be more careful. So far, I've only gone over 135 on a 2-week vacation and those pounds dropped fast when I was eating at home again.

However, I'm being a bit more relaxed this month and figuring I may go a few pounds over 135 thanks to holiday treats. As long as my jeans still fit, I'll try not to panic until 1/3/15.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    +/- 2% (3 HIGH OR LOW)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    7. I'll try to go into a holiday on the low end and come out on the high end.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    At 4'11", five pounds is a lot for me so I try to keep it within 3 lbs or less. My weight only fluctuates from day to day by a pound or two so if I'm up a lot, I know I need to watch it.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

hey same HERE!.. i just never get to 125.. lol.. i am always between 131-135 which is fine... the struggle to be 125 keeps me at a good head space to maintain under 135

This is me, too! I did actually hit 128 for a few days but Thanksgiving happened and I'm happy sitting around 131 until the new year. :smile:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a set maintenance weight. Right now I hover around 147.5-149.5. I'd be happy anywhere from 147-155. If I would ever go over that then I'd have to start tinkering around again with my calculations.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I weight myself regularly and put it into my libra app. If I see that my weight is starting to trend upward more than 2-3 lbs, then I go back to a deficit. That way I'm not responding to a weight or two, but to a trend.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I would say for me about 5 lbs. I feel like for me that is a slope that I don't want to say to my self "its just 5 lbs...it won't hurt" and then be back to where I was when I started.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    5lbs ... as soon as I cross 115, I start to put myself in check.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm just transitioning to maintenance, but my plan is to weigh daily and use TrendWeight.com to calculate my weight's exponentially smoothed moving average. If the average goes up more than 2.5 pounds from my goal, I'll return to a deficit – unless I've decided to bulk and cut, in which case the gain would be deliberate.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Counting pounds is important I but one that is hard for me to learn it seems. I will go three months without weighing then WHAM. 5 pounds would be an ideal max max for me.